Looking for trad parters - CPT area

Find someone to climb with... anywhere
neeknak

Looking for trad parters - CPT area

Post by neeknak » Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:19 pm

Looking for someone to climb with? I'm interested in getting into trad after several years of climbing. On sport routes I'm around a 19/20 outdoors with some experience leading and following multi-pitch. Have most of a rack already, but looking for someone to follow for a few routes and eventually start sharing leads with :thumleft:

Let me know if you're keen! niko.nakai@gmail.com / 066-570-4003

27M from Seattle in the US

ShaolinWood

Re: Looking for trad parters - CPT area

Post by ShaolinWood » Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:08 am

Hey Niko, I stay on the Peninsula (Close to Simon's Town)
I'm not a hardcore trad climber but I've done a few routes and also looking for someone keen to do some more.
There's a whole bunch of great (easier grade) routes at Muizenberg and Elsies Peak as well. And yea ofcourse Table Mountain.

Cool but I'll send you an email then we can make a plan :thumright
Cheers
Gerhard

TheDon

Post by TheDon » Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:53 am

HI Guys

i stay just below muizenberg crag and have climbed about 5 routes there, i did my 1st and only lead on that crag, ive also climbed elsies peak and done a few routes on steenberg ridge , some on the lower buttresses of table mountain and on the apostles side ive done barrier frontal and slangolie frontal, yoh that was an epic day!

i have a full trad rack, i can climb comfortably on a grade 14 Trad and have climbed a few 16s but never on lead,

i am looking for a trad partner or 2 that can lead us until i have got my groove back as i havent climbed in over a year, i have transport so can climb anywhere,

i think maybe a few days climbing sport at the pinnacle would be a great place to meet and get to know each others abilities, i am currently available during most days.

if anyones keen to climb let me know
Cheers Don

deadmuppet

Post by deadmuppet » Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:32 pm

Hey all - I'm also keen to get into trad, but also am looking for someone to lead for now. I'm climbing similar grades to everything mentioned above, and I am busy putting together a rack :o

josef-sa

Post by josef-sa » Sat Feb 01, 2020 9:07 am

Hello, I am Austrian and coming regulary to Cape Town. Know lots of climbs there; aslso opened lots of routes at Paarl. Coming again March 18th until 31st. If You are interested in some easy stuff at TM or Paarl let me know. Am also planning 2 to 3 days in Cederberg at Wolfberg. Am not so hard climbing anymore; but up to 16 is ok, depending how much power one needs; but very experienced in trad (Dolomites....)
Regards Josef
PS: diect contact: climb555@hotmail.com
Josef Mayer, Austria

TheDon

Post by TheDon » Sun Feb 09, 2020 12:48 pm

Josef... that sounds like a great idea. I've only ever climbed a few sport routes in the pakhuys area so a few days in cedarberg sounds like the cherry on top.

I've got a dbl cab for ranger so transport inst an issue and a i have pretty decent trad rack. :)

I have done some really nice routes on table mountain. Also keen to do some more route on the apostles.

TheDon

Post by TheDon » Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:34 pm

ShaolinWood wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:08 am
Hey Niko, I stay on the Peninsula (Close to Simon's Town)
I'm not a hardcore trad climber but I've done a few routes and also looking for someone keen to do some more.
There's a whole bunch of great (easier grade) routes at Muizenberg and Elsies Peak as well. And yea ofcourse Table Mountain.

Cool but I'll send you an email then we can make a plan :thumright
I'm keen to join you too. I've climbed suspension face on elsies. What a beauty.

Maybe we can start a WhatsApp group. Or an email thread Donovan James gray @ gmail

Woohoo cheers Don