Tranquilitas Meeting Thursday 16 Jan

Latest South Africa climbing news! Good news - Hard sends, first ascents, onsights, wicked redpoints, competitions, etc. Bad news - accidents, muggings, rockfalls, etc. You can also send it on over to info@climbing.co.za.

Justin

Tranquilitas Meeting Thursday 16 Jan

Post by Justin » Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:08 pm

Hi All,

The article on the home page has been taken down. Tonight is the meeting and most likely a new statement tomorrow.

Mike will be at CityROCK JHB on Thursday at 18:30

From my side, I've dealt with access issues before... communication (talking and listening) is key.

Good luck to Waterval Boven Climbing on Thursday - it's up to all of you.
Climb ZA - Administrator
justin@climbing.co.za

Justin

Re: Tranquilitas Meeting Thursday 16 Jan

Post by Justin » Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:55 am

Via: MCSA JHB Facebook Page:

MCSA feedback from Boven meeting, 16/01/2020.

The MCSA wishes to extend sincere gratitude to all who attended last night’s meeting at City Rock. This gathering, which was called by Mike Behr, was in response to recent criminal events at Waterval Boven that stirred up some unfortunate exchanges within our community.

As a collective we were able to settle the dust and explore options which Tranquilitas has both planned and implemented, as well as those which the MCSA has been discussing internally. This engagement was encouraging to say the least and I feel hopeful that we, as climbers, are united as a community and steadfast in our desire to protect one of our most beloved places.

The MCSA will now embark on developing our proposal which will, again, require input and buy in from all. It will not be easy or quick but nothing good ever is. I urge you to be active but patient, enthusiastic but realistic. This is a project, not a warm up - to the chains!

See you in Boven!

Warm Regards

Stephen Hoffe

Chairperson, MCSA JHB
Climb ZA - Administrator
justin@climbing.co.za

Justin

Re: Tranquilitas Meeting Thursday 16 Jan

Post by Justin » Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:06 pm

Climb ZA - Administrator
justin@climbing.co.za