Draws on Keep Walking Johnny

Did you forget you favourite boots at the crag? Or, did you find some quickdraw on the 4th bolt of some route?
Jasperb

Draws on Keep Walking Johnny

Post by Jasperb »

So for most people who are locals at Bronkies would have noticed that there were draws hanging on Johnny since the beginning of the year.

Those draws belonged to Arnold de Beer. Who was a very close friend of mine and my climbing partner. He unfortunately passed away end of July this year to Covid.

Keep Walking Johnny was the last project we were supposed to do together. I only recently started climbing again after this death.

So, I've met quite a few people at the crag that were able to send because of the draws being up and I decided to donate the draws to the crag. Most people who climb there on a regular basis knew about this.

Unfortunately some bottom feeding piece of shit decided to take the draws down in the last week and stole them.

So whoever you are, would you please be so kind to return the draws and leave them on Johnny or at least take them to the Climbing Barn in Pretoria.

If not, well fuck you then and I sincerely hope that you will be forever short roped on all your projects and hopefully break a leg.
Stu

Re: Draws on Keep Walking Johnny

Post by Stu »

Jasperb wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 2:16 pm So for most people who are locals at Bronkies would have noticed that there were draws hanging on Johnny since the beginning of the year.

Those draws belonged to Arnold de Beer. Who was a very close friend of mine and my climbing partner. He unfortunately passed away end of July this year to Covid.

Keep Walking Johnny was the last project we were supposed to do together. I only recently started climbing again after this death.

So, I've met quite a few people at the crag that were able to send because of the draws being up and I decided to donate the draws to the crag. Most people who climb there on a regular basis knew about this.

Unfortunately some bottom feeding piece of shit decided to take the draws down in the last week and stole them.

So whoever you are, would you please be so kind to return the draws and leave them on Johnny or at least take them to the Climbing Barn in Pretoria.

If not, well fuck you then and I sincerely hope that you will be forever short roped on all your projects and hopefully break a leg.
Isn't there an issue in leaving draws on the hangers long term, with the different metals interacting?

Nice gesture, but given people these days it's inevitable that they will walk eventually.
Jasperb

Post by Jasperb »

The draws and hangers would have been fine.

But yeah, I probably shouldn't have expected much from people. The draws were stolen, if someone genuinely thought that the hangers would get damaged they could have taken them down and left them on the 1st or 2nd bolt.
drewolden2007

Post by drewolden2007 »

People like that make me cring. Climbing is not for selfish punks.
I hope the draws walk back to their route soon!
Hector

Post by Hector »

I know those draws well. Arnie and I used them from Bronkies to El Cap.
I strongly suggest they find their way back onto Johnny. Alternatively they best stay locked in the cupboard of whoever took them. Because I’ll be looking out for them at a crag near you, as will all of Arnie’s many, many mates. We’re all feeling quite raw, and it will go hard on someone if any of us see those draws on any route that’s not Johnny.
LouisBreytenbach

Post by LouisBreytenbach »

Hi Jasper, I remember you telling me and Willem about the whole story at Bronkies a couple of weeks ago and you donating the draws to the crag.

I worked Blaclout on Wednesday (10th Nov) and the draws were already gone by then, so it must have happened before then.
betrieb

Post by betrieb »

I've been to Bronkies on Sat 30 October and the draws were still up.