Cape Town Bouldering Guides / Topos

New Areas. New routes. Retrobolting. Add-ons. Re-grading. etc.
DavWilkinson

Cape Town Bouldering Guides / Topos

Post by DavWilkinson »

Hi All,

I finally got around to building this and will add to it over time. Please send your boulders. I have been disappointed for years that it is difficult to find the boulder topos for CT and that some guys hide their boulders and do not share them with the community. Here is a database to share. I am adding more to it and will document the rest of Topside soon. https://boulderingcapetown.co.za/
stingrei

Re: Cape Town Bouldering Guides / Topos

Post by stingrei »

Dave I emailed you various extracts from the 27Crags CBD City Bouldering District guide. That should help you correct and fill in the blanks. It’s not quite up to date but there are over 150problems marked
siamm

Post by siamm »

Hi David,
thanks for putting the site together. Good effort.

I am the guy who put together the little guide for CBD Bright Lights some years ago.
It was a fun little project while between jobs and I am happy to see it popping up here and there over time.
A while back I was contacted by Keith Forbes if he can put it up on this site's WIKI which I found was the correct thing to do.
I am happy to share with whoever but I saw that you are putting watermark thingies on my pictures which I find a bit strange. You got them for free from the web, so maybe return the favour and don't mark them. Just a thought.

Cheers,
Simon
DavWilkinson

Post by DavWilkinson »

Hi sir,

Thanks for that. I did not intentionally intend to have WM on all images. The plugin I used to put on some images must have done them all. I will fix. Sorry about that.
DavWilkinson

Post by DavWilkinson »

siamm wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 6:31 pm Hi David,
thanks for putting the site together. Good effort.

I am the guy who put together the little guide for CBD Bright Lights some years ago.
It was a fun little project while between jobs and I am happy to see it popping up here and there over time.
A while back I was contacted by Keith Forbes if he can put it up on this site's WIKI which I found was the correct thing to do.
I am happy to share with whoever but I saw that you are putting watermark thingies on my pictures which I find a bit strange. You got them for free from the web, so maybe return the favour and don't mark them. Just a thought.

Cheers,
Simon
HI Simon. I have removed the WM. Thanks for letting me know. If you see any other issues please let me know. My goal is to create a free guide to all of CT for anyone to use. So I need help.