Boven Camping

General climbing discussions. Climbing, Bouldering, Mountaineering. Anything!!
**Keep the arguments to the suject, not the members!
Post Reply
User avatar
Forket
Posts: 776
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:34 pm
Real Name: Everyday Troll

Boven Camping

Post by Forket » Mon Mar 16, 2020 11:36 am

So what's happening?

A survey was done, what has been decided?

Ebert

oubaas
Posts: 203
Joined: Tue Aug 22, 2006 1:42 pm

Re: Boven Camping

Post by oubaas » Mon Mar 16, 2020 3:57 pm

The silence should be your answer :(

Bearnone43
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed May 15, 2019 8:41 pm
Real Name: Nicolaas

Re: Boven Camping

Post by Bearnone43 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:25 pm

Also would like to know. Were hoping to go end of next month. Already submitted my leave.

oubaas
Posts: 203
Joined: Tue Aug 22, 2006 1:42 pm

Re: Boven Camping

Post by oubaas » Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:21 pm

Bud I wouldn’t hold your breath the owners of tranquilitas aren’t the most proactive when it it comes to marketing etc. it isn’t safe there so don’t go !

bongoleo
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:55 pm
Real Name: Mike Behr

Re: Boven Camping

Post by bongoleo » Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:10 am

Anyone that takes advice from a person that calls himself OU BAAS must take it from where it comes.
That harks back to the old days where the person demands respect because they regard themselves as the "BAAS"
Well for your information 'BAAS' I dare you to come lurking around the campsite at night because our guard dogs will rip your nuts out.
But I assume you won't because you are now going to Blyde.

stevehoffe
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:01 pm
Real Name: Stephen Hoffe

Re: Boven Camping

Post by stevehoffe » Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:53 am

An update is forthcoming. All stakeholders have been consulted and various complex issues have been painstakingly worked through, with a postponement on permits already issued as a result of community feedback. As mentioned in the beginning we requested patience and understanding as many considerations had to be made. I request that continued support and understanding is offered as we are now battling with another large logistical viral spanner in the works. I also ask that you request information directly from those that can provide it, and in doing so contribute positively to communication channels.

Thanks and Kind Regards
Stephen Hoffe
MCSA Jhb chair

TranquilitasFarm
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2016 4:45 pm
Real Name: Ruth Behr

Re: Boven Camping

Post by TranquilitasFarm » Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:46 am

Book for camping at Tranquilitas
Please ensure that you book for camping at Tranquilitas as we have implemented a restriction on numbers.
You can e-mail book@tranquilitas.com to reserve camping.

User avatar
TeeMee
Posts: 21
Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:54 am
Location: Joburg

Re: Boven Camping

Post by TeeMee » Tue Mar 17, 2020 12:45 pm

Forket wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 11:36 am
So what's happening?

A survey was done, what has been decided?

Ebert
Camping is as good as ever, 60 bucks a night from what I know.
Gooi and enjoy!

hendriks
Posts: 109
Joined: Mon May 25, 2009 10:29 pm

Re: Boven Camping

Post by hendriks » Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:36 am

bongoleo wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:10 am
Anyone that takes advice from a person that calls himself OU BAAS must take it from where it comes.
That harks back to the old days where the person demands respect because they regard themselves as the "BAAS"
Well for your information 'BAAS' I dare you to come lurking around the campsite at night because our guard dogs will rip your nuts out.
But I assume you won't because you are now going to Blyde.
Mike, I have no horse in this race at all, I don't even know any of you personally. I'm too far away to be affected, but responses like the above, on a public forum doesn't do you or Tranquilitas any favours in my opinion.

oubaas
Posts: 203
Joined: Tue Aug 22, 2006 1:42 pm

Re: Boven Camping

Post by oubaas » Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:59 pm

Bongi no disrespect my friend. I mean no harm to your race but am just pointing out the obvious. BTW oubaas is an affectionate name from fellow climbers. Why so aggressive anyway? Do you have any link to tranquilitas?

User avatar
Forket
Posts: 776
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:34 pm
Real Name: Everyday Troll

Re: Boven Camping

Post by Forket » Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:05 am

TranquilitasFarm wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:46 am
Book for camping at Tranquilitas
Please ensure that you book for camping at Tranquilitas as we have implemented a restriction on numbers.
You can e-mail book@tranquilitas.com to reserve camping.
And for people staying in town?

Post Reply