Quantcast
It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:48 am

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: trip
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 12:02 pm 
Hello guys
I'm from Font and I'm coming in South Africa from the thirteen of july to the third of august. I would like to make a tour of the cap province (Cap town, Silvermines, Hermanus, Port Elisabeth, Little Caroo and of course Rockland for a good part).
My problem is about places to sleep at night. The program depents of the weather, so I would like not to reserve locations. Is it necessary to reserve at these places in this season or is it easy to find locations at the last moment? I will carry everything for camping. Is it possible and confortable at the places I described? Do you have advice about things to do or places to visit?
Of course I can give back informations about Font and why not make you visit the magic forrest.
Thank you and have a good climb
Aurel

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 12:07 pm 
It's me again.
Do you have internets adresses to find and reserve rooms to sleep?
Thank you
Aurel

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 12:18 pm 
Last question
I'm coming with my girlfriend and she is a bit afraid of camping. Where esle is it possible to sleep near to rockland?
Thanks
Aurel

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 1:23 pm 
Aurel, check www.bouldering.co.za -> Links -> Accomodation for links to Bed & Breakfast type of accomodation nearby to Rocklands.

Post subject: Port Elizabeth
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 11:03 pm 
At most Port Elizabeth climbing areas there is camping available. For most of these the locals will have to arrange acces with landowners. People to contact would be Dricus Bezuidenhout (dricus.bezuidenhout@za.pwc.com) or Garvin (mieelsen@telkomsa.net). Try to spend a few days in the Cockscomb Gorges.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 9:18 am 

Hey Garvin,

I should be coming through to PE in the next month or so, do you guys still boulder at the Dungeon during the week?

I'm keen to join you guys if you do, and/or hit up Lady's Slipper at some point..

It's not like I'm going to be working or anything.

dom

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 8:11 pm 
hey Aurel, the rocklands campsite has ablutions facilities, but you maybe more comfortable in Clanwilliam (15-20 min drive from the climbing) the tourism office tel #027+27 4822024. In winter it is probably easy to find accomodation at short notice.

Plenty of other places to climb around Cape Town. If you like sport climbing go to Montagu, loads of climbing within walking distance of the town, check out the stuff on this site for details.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 1:52 pm 

Check out http://www.depakhuys.co.za/ for accommodation near to Rocklands.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 10:43 am 
Thank you guys.
See you in Font?
Aurel