Brutes

General climbing discussions. Climbing, Bouldering, Mountaineering. Anything!!
**Keep the arguments to the suject, not the members!
Guy

Brutes

Postby Guy » Tue Jun 07, 2005 12:49 pm

Good work Greg on the sit starts (to routes) at Kalk Bay. I've had this idea for some time but haven't got my finger out to develop it. However, I thought of a name: \"Brutes\" are a combination of boulder problems and routes. I actually spent a few days trying a new brute at Wild Iris in Wyoming, USA in 2001.

I have also looked at a crag between Muizenberg Crag and Lakeside Pinnacle that that would be ideal for brutes. I'm sure that there are plenty of existing routes that could have logical boulder starts.

Grig

Postby Grig » Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:13 pm

:D Jah like the 'broute' idea was gonna mention it in the topo.

JonoJ

Postby JonoJ » Wed Jun 08, 2005 8:17 am

Would climbing a bolted broute then be known as sporldering? :)

Postby » Wed Jun 08, 2005 2:29 pm

Which routes at Kalk Bay have sit starts?

Grigri

Postby Grigri » Wed Jun 08, 2005 8:44 pm

:roll: Heh heh the rds could read: snuggle in back of cave, raise butt and spordle brutally outward and upwards! :lol:

Talamasca has cool looking sit start that needs a few cobwebs brushed out of the holds, wouldnt add anything to the drade tho. Lurchin Urchin has a sit start coming out left from the hollow/cave 26, ups the drade considerably. Salami has a fun sit start. Cling thing has one although very arbitrary.

Has anyone tried linkups at Dockside crag yet? Marius and Ed also developed a few cool boulder problems in the area.

Guy

Postby Guy » Fri Jun 10, 2005 12:06 pm

What about a sit start to Golden Eye!! That would up the grade a bit.

Got better things to do

Got better things to do

Postby Got better things to do » Fri Jun 10, 2005 3:29 pm

You all are sad...

JonoJ

Postby JonoJ » Mon Jun 13, 2005 5:08 pm

Hmm, would a sit start to say 'Mary Poppins', qualify as Trolldering?
... remember, a preliminary piece of pro is to be placed prior to the posterior being picked up!

:roll:

Grigri

Postby Grigri » Mon Jun 13, 2005 9:16 pm

Aaah! sad guest :cry: You are sporling the fun! What better thing could there be than inventing new ways to climb rock? You are probably one these trad types who still thinks that routes should go straight and top out at a summit! Shame.

Guy theres a warm up traverse at Golden eye that leads straight into the route but not too hard though, havent really checked out that cave too much. Awesome looking super hard looking boulder problem to the right of the cave through a bulge via incipient pockets - big moves! oooh! nasty!!!

Theres still soo many good problems left to do at that crag. Cant wait to heal and get cranking again. sigh! :?

Grigri

Postby Grigri » Mon Jun 13, 2005 9:18 pm

Nice troll btw JonoJ :!: Respek!

Postby » Tue Jun 14, 2005 8:09 am

Ha, well spotted there, Grigri old chap! :lol:

JonoJ

Re:

Postby JonoJ » Tue Jun 14, 2005 8:18 am

Anonymous wrote:Ha, well spotted there, Grigri old chap! :lol:

Hey, I don't fink the auto-logon work so lekker..... or more likely, I prolly don't work so lekker at this time of day. Well, enough silly climbing analogies, so leading on.... *groan* ....

Talking of new starts to existing routes... has anyone ever managed a direct start to 'Puppet on a String' - Peer's Cave? Looks nigh impossible!

G

Postby G » Tue Jun 14, 2005 7:23 pm

(couldnt be bothered to log in) :| Puppets sit start is F@&king hard! Must be possible but the holds are sooo crap, and what the heck do you do with your feet?

Fool

Postby Fool » Wed Jun 15, 2005 12:29 pm

campus power!!! :D

Social Media

Return to “General Postings”