New equipment advice

If you are a beginner climber and want to ask other climbers any questions - then this is the place to ask.
winzip

New equipment advice

Postby winzip » Mon Apr 09, 2007 11:40 am

Hi,

I haven't started climbing yet but intend to.I'v been on a climbing course for a few days and been to City Rock Cape Town on a few occasions.This was a few years ago so I would have to brush on the basics again.Coming to my question I require new equipment to enable me to start sport climbing.I require a belay device,chalk bag,clip in carabiners,climbing rope and climbing shoes and anything else I may have left out besides a harness.

What would be the a good bet to buy for this equipment which would not break the bank(I'm budgeting +- R3000) but nonetheless is good quality equipment that would give good usage and last a few years at the least.I hope I'm not asking a repetitive question but I'm checked throught this forum and there are similiar sort of quiestions but none which answered specifically what I require.If someone could help me out that would be great.

madcrazyhaha

Postby madcrazyhaha » Mon Apr 09, 2007 5:33 pm

I'm also pretty new to the sport but the gear that i've got is pretty awesome. I'm really happy with it.

I got myself a BD ATC-Guide, around R300, the shoes I have are Evolv Demorto's at around R750. Other than that, a BD Momentum AL Harness for around R450 and a nice chalk bag for around R150.

That's all I can really offer at this stage. I'm using my climbing buddies gear when I head off to the crags though. It helps.
\"Because it's there\" - George Leigh Mallory
(March 1923, interview, The New York Times)

Visit The Mad Traveller!!!

Justin

Postby Justin » Tue Apr 10, 2007 2:54 pm

Hi Winzip,
I recommend paying Mountain Mail Order a visit (see their advert on the home page) they will be able to advise you best on what gear to purchase.
Climb ZA - Administrator
justin@climbing.co.za

winzip

Thanks

Postby winzip » Thu Apr 12, 2007 10:34 pm

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback much appreciated...

Social Media

Return to “Beginners Corner”