Gear Reviews

Find someone to climb with... anywhere
The Jimmy

Gear Reviews

Postby The Jimmy » Sun Feb 11, 2007 3:37 pm

How's about starting a climbing gear review's section? Shoes, harnesses, backpacks, the whole shebang. It's climbers' personal experiences with the gear and not the sales pitch style reviews you get from the manufacturers.

Confuzzled

Postby Confuzzled » Sun Feb 11, 2007 4:12 pm

ok....

I bought myself a pair of La Sportiva Katana's women.. size 2 :shock: ... i know, really small... 2 street sizes down, but they fit like a glove :mrgreen:

Only taken them out to Happy Valley, so havent really done anything exciting yet... but they're really really really awsome :mrgreen:

mokganjetsi

Postby mokganjetsi » Sun Feb 11, 2007 8:32 pm

he jimmy go check out www.trailspace.com - comprehensive user reviews on most outdoor equipment. climbing gear is a recent addition but should develop into a very nice reference guide soon. would be kewl to have a gear review section on this site though.

yobru

Gear Reviews

Postby yobru » Mon Feb 12, 2007 4:24 pm

I have a pair of normally priced Saltic Vampiers. Best shoes I've ever haved! Vampiers rock, and the price is affordable...
:wink:

The Jimmy

Postby The Jimmy » Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:10 pm

Geez confuzzled a size 2 climbing shoe?!?!Respect!

I was more getting at a link or section on the homepage to gear reviews, for example. I dont think the forum is the place for it, it'll just turn into a discussion thread. We SA's seem nogal clued up with the newest goodies out there, how about pooling our opinions about them? When you google for reviews about gear you find some stuff,very yank and euro, but I think we in SA are a bit more analytic about our gear...

Just a thought 8)

Return to “Climbing Partners”