Quantcast
It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:43 am

All times are UTC + 2 hours

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 11:13 am 
OK, its not Monday anymore, but I still wanna whinge about something... On Sunday I was delighted to be heading up Kloof Corner on Table Mountain again after spending some time overseas. However it wasn't long before I saw the new bright and shiny monster telephone cables running all the way up the photogenic ridge. WHAT AN EYESORE !!!! My memory immediately flashed back to about 10 years ago when multiple discussions and heated debates were firing on all cylinders about bolting on table mountain. One of the main arguments then was that they didn't want shiny little stainless steel hangers on a national monument! DUH! What planet are these guys from???

Post subject:
They come from the planet of \"We WILL exploit anything as long as it makes us money\".

Post subject:
Men are from Mars Women are from Venus Bureaucrats are from Uranus

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 11:14 am 
They are not telephone wires. They are power lines. They are replacing the previous set up the same route. It's either new lines or it's noisy diesel generators for the top cable car station. Choose.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 11:14 am 
Generator, or power lines? Well, if the cable car company actually gave a sh*t about the mountain, they'd make a plan to have neither. It's the idiots who accept this 'choice' who should be lynched along with them. Like it's our choice anyway. And they could at least have painted the poles.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 9:46 am 
Why don't they run the power lines up with the cables for the car?
Anyway u gotta have superman eyes to be able to spot a bolt from anything further then 5m away. Double standards for sure! :wink: