Places to go with infant???

General climbing discussions. Climbing, Bouldering, Mountaineering. Anything!!
**Keep the arguments to the suject, not the members!

Places to go with infant???

Postby ken4ord » Fri Oct 06, 2006 3:55 pm

Yeah I know this may seem like a strange question, but the gf and I are heading down to Cape Town over Christmas. It would make the trip complete if we could get some cragging in or do some bouldering. The catch is we are going down with our daughter who will only be 5 month old at that time (yeah getting her started early :lol: ).

So got any suggestion places we could go and string up a TR or places with short single pitch leads or bouldering area?

What about places to stay any reccomnedations for towns south of CT that are walking distance of the beach with good resturants?

Postby PietSkiet » Mon Oct 09, 2006 1:37 pm

Llandudno is fun for sundowner boldering - just be sure to bring a sixpack of coolies. If you can bear the walk-in to the mine, the overhanging lower routes allow a nice swing arrangement in a car-seat with a few slings from the first bolt. If your daughter shows early adrenaline dependency, try the same from the Hole off the top bolts ... 8)

Postby Justin » Fri Oct 13, 2006 11:18 am

If time allows, there are many infant / kid friendly crags at Montagu (2 hour drive from Cape Town).
Legoland (40 sec walkin)
Bosch (10 min)
The Steeple (5 min)
Bad Kloof crags (8-20 min)
+ more
Climb ZA - Administrator

Social Media

Return to “General Postings”