Gecko HangDog

General climbing discussions. Climbing, Bouldering, Mountaineering. Anything!!
**Keep the arguments to the suject, not the members!
MarkM

Gecko HangDog

Postby MarkM » Fri Aug 04, 2006 10:08 am

Howdy

What are the specs on the two bolts required to put up the Gecko HangDog.

Thanks
Mark
Open hand, open mind...

Ric

Postby Ric » Fri Aug 04, 2006 11:33 am

Hi Mark

They are regular rawl bolts sleeves with extended bolts that need a 13mm spanner. You have to drill a 13mm hole to insert the rawl bolt into the wall.

If you need more info, mail me.

richard@geckogrips.co.za

Cheers Ric

DaveD

Postby DaveD » Fri Aug 04, 2006 11:35 am

The specs are as follows

Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla science Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla science Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla.

Or i recon 2 M10 bolts will do it. M8 may even be fine, but better to go big.
Feel the Qui

oOdball

Postby oOdball » Fri Aug 04, 2006 1:57 pm

I drilled bigger holes in the hang board and used two imported 450mm M16 titanium glue-in anchors. I'm a bolting expert so I felt safe using the glue-in's rather than the rawl bolts suggested for novices. Naturally I used a big-ass Hilti to drill the holes, my first pilot hole was 6mm, followed by 8mm and eventually working up to 17.5mm (via 10, 12, and 14mm bits).

That sucker ain'tent going nowhere, no how :D

P.S I also welded brackets onto the bolts where they extend through to the other side of the wall
You have an opinion, so do I. When these differ, please don't confuse your opinion with the truth, nothing is absolute.

Andy Davies

Porky Sumo Wrestler

Postby Andy Davies » Fri Aug 18, 2006 5:33 pm

Dear Oddball...

In view of the extensive engineering required to keep your hangdog on the wall, may I suggest you consider a diet instead of bothering to train? Or otherwise you may want to reconsider the sport you do - maybe sumo wrestling is more appropriate for you?

Andy Davies
Not-so-fat-climber
AndyDavies

Grigri

Postby Grigri » Fri Aug 18, 2006 6:40 pm

Well said skinny, I mean Andy. An oddball indeed! Wot a load of trollop!
Nice hangboard BTW.

oOdball

Postby oOdball » Wed Aug 23, 2006 7:36 am

I've tried Sumo wrestling but the bastards keep poking me in the eye :oops:
You have an opinion, so do I. When these differ, please don't confuse your opinion with the truth, nothing is absolute.

Grigri

Postby Grigri » Wed Aug 23, 2006 11:23 am

LOL! At least you have a sense of humour odd-B!
How do you do chin ups? Ur chin seems to meld into your belly! Do you have to press through a mantle each time?-hence the 16mm bolts I suppose! Those long arms look like they could come in useful though, or did they stretch from hanging your mass from the hangboard? Maybe Andy should employ you to do strength and durability testing on his products?

I suppose Im just jealous coz you guys have these cool fingerboards and Im still clinging to my handmade wooden one! To answer the original query: 2X 10mm sleeve bolts work well, theyre cheap and require less of a large hole than the Rawl expansion jobbies. A bit fiddly to get out of the wall when you move house though.

Social Media

Return to “General Postings”