Ermelo Mountain Club received permission from the local country club to convert a singles squash court into a climbing wall, and requires tenders for the design and construction of the wall.
Interested parties that have a proven track record in the design and construction of climbing walls and boulder caves are hereby invited to tender.
Tenders will close on May 21, 2012 at 12h00. No late tenders will be considered.
Tender documents can be requested from Franz Fuls at email@example.com
Hope to hear from you soon!
A. FACILITY DESCRIPTION:
1. The facility is a singles squash court, with dimensions 5.64m (h), 3.2m (w), 9.75m (d).
See the following link for details: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Squash_Court_(Singles_WSF).svg
2. There is a 4-step concrete pavilion from which games were viewed, and approx 1.5m walking space between the start of the court, and the pavilion.
3. The squash court does not have a gallery.
B. FUNCTIONAL USE:
1. The facility will be primarily used for training i.t.o. bouldering.
2. The facility will also be used for:
a. storing club gear.
b. storing emergency equipment.
c. teaching people climbing safety.
d. lead climbing.
3. The wall will be used by all climbers of all skill levels and ages.
C. WALL DESIGN:
1. The design shall enable hosting bouldering competitions and shall enable compliance to IFCS rules for bouldering competitions. https://www.ifsc-climbing.org/2012/Rules%20/IFSCRules2012.pdf
2. The design will cover all four faces of the squash court: floor, left wall, right wall, rear wall, and ceiling.
3. The design will provide a challenging and varying environment for the climber.
4. The design will include a solution for lighting of the cave.
5. The design will include fall protection in the form of bouldering mats to IFSC requirements or better - keeping in mind a maximum fall height of 5.64m (excl the boudering mat thickness).
6. The design will include for a minimum 9 (nine) square metre floor surface lockable area (typically behind the wall) for safekeeping of club gear. The door to this room will typically be secured with a yale-type lock that does not interfere with climbing.
7. The design shall include a minimum of 4 (four) square metres of slab, and a minimum of 4 (four) square metres of horizontal roof.
8. The design shall provide for a total of fifteen sets of hangers and chains logically spread across the wall surfaces for sport lead routes.
9. The design shall indicate, and accommodate for constructing the wall in four phases.
10. The design will be approved by a professional structural engineer to be appointed by the contractor.
1. The successful contractor shall be responsible for complying with applicable legislation regards construction activities as per the OHSAct and its building regulations.
2. The successful contractor shall be responsible for his own site establishment.
3. The successful contractor shall be responsible for his own travel and subsistence costs (including that of his staff)
4. The wall shall be constructed to the satisfaction of a professional structural engineer to be appointed by Ermelo Mountain Club.