Found Nut on Lions Head

Did you forget you favourite boots at the crag? Or, did you find some quickdraw on the 4th bolt of some route?
Ray

Found Nut on Lions Head

Postby Ray » Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:31 pm

Found a nut on Lion's Head Clifton Side (about the 16th Dec 2011), tell me where you think you lost it and what size/make it is and I'll happily return it to you.

Ray

shorti

Re: Found Nut on Lions Head

Postby shorti » Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:43 pm

I left one (to be retrieved later, but it never happened) on the stance above the meat pitch of Beware the dark horse. It is a #7 DMM wallnut and it was in a deepish crack in the wall at the back of the wide ledge. I left it because I couldn't get it out without a nutpick and I couldn't quite see it since it was dark already and my climbing parter who had my nut pick was at the rap anchors by that time. If this is the same nut you picked up you can keep it if you want it, otherwise you can give it to Mokganjetsi if you ever bump into him. Sorry for littering :)

vander

Postby vander » Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:35 pm

Shorti, I battled for about 20 minutes trying get that thing out...no luck. If Ray got it out then he should become a surgeon!
Chuck Norris wears Ueli Steck pyjamas

Rocky

Postby Rocky » Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:06 am

I'm taking a wild leap... I left a Red DMM nut #6 on Kestrel Country Music (a while ago). Similar story to shorti, getting dark.. last pitch, planned to retrieve it but havn't yet. If this is the same nut you picked up you can keep it if you want it, otherwise let me know and I can get it from you sometime :)
~ Dream, Explore, Discover ~

Return to “Lost & Found”