night climb at strubens 2

Find someone to climb with... anywhere
ruank

night climb at strubens 2

Postby ruank » Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:50 am

Me and my friends where thinking of maybe doing an night climb at strubens 2. We are gonna take a generator with 2 spotlights and then light up the whole crag. Is there any climbers that want to join us?
Those who say it can't be climbed should get out of the way of those who are climbing
it

emile

Re: night climb at strubens 2

Postby emile » Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:53 am

maybe, when?

ruank

Postby ruank » Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:49 pm

We are thinking of maybe going on the 3rd of december. Or in the weekk (30 november) :roll:
Those who say it can't be climbed should get out of the way of those who are climbing
it

emile

Postby emile » Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:26 am

I'm away on both those dates. Sounds like fun, hope you guys get some other people interested!

1armbandit

Postby 1armbandit » Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:49 pm

my friend frank and i have beem talking bout doing that for ages. i can make Thursday,friday or Saturday night that week. keep me posted.

deSouzaFrank

Postby deSouzaFrank » Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:04 pm

You guys should maybe look into an inverter and car battery. They are a lot less noisy and no extra fuel to carry and a lot lighter. I would love to be able to do this especially in the week. Beats the crap outa any indoor wall. I only have this week and the following week left to do this as I'm leaving Joburg for Mpumalanga. So if you are doing it in the next two weeks please count me in. Most probably the 1armedbandit as well.
Frank
5-10 pairs of miss matched hand me downs
Mixed draws
Black rope

Chris F

Postby Chris F » Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:22 pm

You can get big battery powered spotlights, much easier to carry, and quieter. I've got one for night bouldering, not sure if it would be enought to light a crag though. 5 hr battery life.

ruank

Postby ruank » Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:19 pm

I thinnk the battery lights is a great idea. I have about 4 of those LED chargeble lights! Me and my friends are stil studying at UJ so we can only do it from the 30 november-2 december. I think we should do it in a week night! How about the 30 november on the wednesday evening? If everybody can bring a light ( if you have one at home) we can light up the whole crag! For those of you who said you can't make it, we wil definitaly be doing it again because outdoor climbing is still way more fun than indoor in my personal opinion :mrgreen:
it

dandan

Postby dandan » Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:25 am

im keen, just down the road from me...

Return to “Climbing Partners”