Climbing partner in Shongweni /Durban area

Find someone to climb with... anywhere
MoemaCorrea

Climbing partner in Shongweni /Durban area

Postby MoemaCorrea » Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:25 pm

Hi! I´ll be in Durban in the first week of December (in a work trip). If there´s some partner available, I could get some time off (starting on December 10) to go climbing in the Shongweni area (Wave Cave, etc.). I´d be climbing routes from 23 to 28 in the Ewbank grading system (6c+ to 7c in french graduation). Moema (from Brazil) - 8a.nu: #34176 Moema Corrêa -00 Brazil, RJ/DF

Dogleg

Re: Climbing partner in Shongweni /Durban area

Postby Dogleg » Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:09 am

Howzit man!

Unfortunately you will not be able to go to the Wave Cave as we have had safety issues there in the past and have closed it for the time being... Not to mention that it is near impossible to send anything there at this time of year due to the weather conditions.
The Kloof Gorge has numerous crags available, as does The Umgeni Valley in Howick an hours drive from Durban.
We climb just about every weekend, so when you are in town feel free to contact me and we will show you around.

Trent
+2782 8989 (five)87
I'm not here for a long time,
I'm here for a good time!

MoemaCorrea

Postby MoemaCorrea » Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:40 pm

Thanks, Trent!

Actually, I´m a woman! Well, my only free day will be December 10. I´ll try to contact you 2 days before. After 2 weeks in Durban not exercising at all, I´ll really need some outdoor activity.. By the way, is there any climbing gym in Durban? Is it safe for me to go at night all by myself? I shall stay at Gillespie Street, South Beach.

Moema

Paulrob

Postby Paulrob » Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:29 pm

I will be in Durban, also from business. But only from the 21st Nov til 7th Dec. So let me know if you will be able to climb those dates. Drop me an sms on +45 51578171.

Regards, Paul

Return to “Climbing Partners”