Here to boulder for 3 weeks - Rocklands partner?

Find someone to climb with... anywhere
jessicers

Here to boulder for 3 weeks - Rocklands partner?

Postby jessicers » Sat Oct 08, 2011 8:11 am

Hi, I'm in ZA for 3 weeks, from canada. thought I was going to be climbing with my friend I'm visiting but she's really busy.

Looking for someone to rideshare to Rocklands with, and climb with when we get there! I'm sure there will be people at rocklands that I can boulder with but i am still sorting out how to get there. Staying in Stellenbosch for a few days.

I'd love to head out to rocklands mon/tues.
~jessica

zoed

Re: Here to boulder for 3 weeks - Rocklands partner?

Postby zoed » Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:58 am

Hi Jessica,
I don't want to rain on your parade but Rocklands season is kind of over now, as it's getting super hot out in the Cederberg - so most of the foreign boulderers have left by now.
So you might find it a bit tricky to find rides/boulderers heading to Rocklands.
There is some awesome bouldering around the Cape peninsula though if you're stuck in Cape Town.
Anyway enjoy...

Justin

Postby Justin » Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:53 am

Zoed makes a very good point - its 36 degree's in Clanwilliam today - low 30's for the rest of the week.
Rocklands is not impossible but there will be far less people in the area.

FYI: Paul Robinson skipped Rocklands this year in favour of bouldering around CT.
Climb ZA - Administrator
justin@climbing.co.za

jessicers

Postby jessicers » Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:21 pm

OK so who wants to show me the bouldering around CT? I realize the Rocklands season is ending, this is as early as I could make it. I prefer sandstone though I know you need lower temps for friction.

Don't know who Paul Robinson is, but hope he had a good season.

jessicers

Postby jessicers » Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:41 am

I'm heading up to rocklands today with MOOoo

Back next week and will be in stellenbosch (since it's familiar) for Mon/Tues to catch up on work next week.

I'd love to check out the bouldering around CT... curious if anyone has a couch I can crash on or a safe guest house to recc.

Thanks so much! totally beautiful here.

reneem5898

Postby reneem5898 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:39 pm

Hey Jessica,

My cousin is here visiting me from the states for the next two weeks and is looking for someone to go boulder with as well! PM me and we can work out some details if you're interested. :)

Renee

wasatchgirl

Postby wasatchgirl » Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:05 pm

Hey Jess, I am still going to Rocklands even though it is "offseason" as I am on a quest to try and climb all 6's and 7's by next August. :) Want to join in on the challenge? :)

You can definitely still get some cool days still in Rocklands and I wouldn't mind going up next weekend... otherwise I boulder around the Cape 3 days a week. You are welcome to join in. Drop me a PM with your email and number.

wasatchgirl

Postby wasatchgirl » Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:06 pm

Might know someone with a couch for you as well.... let me know if you still need one.

Return to “Climbing Partners”