Climbing in Nature's Valley/Plett ?

General climbing discussions. Climbing, Bouldering, Mountaineering. Anything!!
**Keep the arguments to the suject, not the members!
Marijus

Climbing in Nature's Valley/Plett ?

Postby Marijus » Wed Dec 14, 2005 5:29 pm

I'm going to Nature's Valley for a few days over Christmas, I'm not sure exactly were that is, apparently near Plett. Is there any climbing nearby (or even better, any bouldering)? Maybe some open projects?

Jana

Postby Jana » Tue Jan 24, 2006 4:28 pm

Hi

Sorry to only have seen your message now about you going to Nature's Valley. I was also in Nature's at Christmas time and fortunately got some climbing info on a place called The Beach closer to P.E. Wow, what a wonderul climb! When you ever plan to go that way again, I'll be glad to give you RD of The Beach - Van Stadens Gorge.

Robyn

Postby Robyn » Tue Jan 24, 2006 7:42 pm

I would love to hear about the Van Stadens routes, as I am in Plett from time to time. But I can report that the climbing at Wolwerivier, which is between Knysna and Wilderness (very near to Swartvlei), is fantastic. A few bolted routes, starting at grade 17) in a gorgeous venue.

Robyn

Postby Robyn » Wed Jan 25, 2006 8:43 am

I would love to hear about the Van Stadens routes as I am in the Plett area from time to time and am convinced the many gorges to the east of Plett must have fantastic potential. Also of interest is Wolwerivier, which is between Knysna and Wilderness (near to Swartvlei), which is beautiful and has a few bolted routes, starting from grade 16. Highly recommended.

Social Media

Return to “General Postings”