Shoe Ideas?

Post here for all your gear questions, rants and raves. Ask about gear before you buy it and find out what others are using. NOTE: this forum is NOT for gear sales.

reasons

Shoe Ideas?

Postby reasons » Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:49 am

Hi Guys,

So i'm looking at getting a new pair of shoes within the next few months but i'm stuck with what to get. With weirdly shaped feet its quite hard. My feet are pretty wide at the forefoot and exceptionally high arches. Yet really short.

Any ideas what shoes might work? I'm just looking for ideas so i can narrow down my search a bit.

I've been looking at Edelrid Hurricanes and La Sportiva Miura's but cant seem to find a dealer that stocks them (in Durban) so that i can try a pair on :/

Thanks!

Sleap

Re: Shoe Ideas?

Postby Sleap » Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:25 pm

Hi David
I don't know everything about shoes, but maby this can help a bit. Have a look at the saltic bara and the saltic vampir. Now, I know the bara is actually made for women, but for wider feet these shoes might do the job. These two shoes that i suggest is not really in the league of the murias but definately suits a man's wallet. :)
Try to find Nic Gear on this forum and ask him if he would be so kind to help you get the shoes that fits your feet best, and tell him he should make them suit your wallet as well... If possible... :thumright

reasons

Postby reasons » Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:45 am

Thanks for the info!

I know Nic, i'll chat to him :) as for price i dont really mind, i'd rather save for an extra month if need be to get a pair that fits me properly. The Vampirs do look good though :D

Justin

Postby Justin » Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:59 am

Go for the shoe that fits!
Climb ZA - Administrator
justin@climbing.co.za

reasons

Postby reasons » Sun Mar 06, 2011 6:04 pm

Tried on a pair of Vampir's at The Rory and they fit AMAZINGLY!

thanks guys

Return to “Gear Questions & Reviews”