Available during the week and weekends

Trips cool as well

Trad or Sport - have my own gear

Grades under 19

Phone Patrick on 083 4388 125

MalaysianApe

Re: Climbing Buddy Wanted - Cape Town

Postby MalaysianApe » Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:08 pm

hello there Patrick, im Naeem from Malaysia. and ive been here for a week or so. but didnt manage to experience climbing outdoor soo far. and i was just wondering if there's anyone out there in Cape Town who wud like to go climbing this weekend, since im flying back this coming Monday. are u planning to go climbing this weekend?

Phi

Postby Phi » Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:15 pm

Naeem should be long gone, but Patrick, are you still around and looking for people? I'm keen to climb, but don't have a rope. Don't think I'll buy one for the (indeterminate but dwindling) time I have remaining, either.

wasatchgirl

Postby wasatchgirl » Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:50 am

If you want to boulder, drop me a line. Happy to show anyone around the Cape Town boulders...

Phi

Postby Phi » Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:48 pm

I'm scrawny and weak and have horrible technique, so obviously bouldering is not my forté (at least with the height of climbing I get the feeling of accomplishment that I can't get by overcoming difficult problems ;D ), but I'll still give it a go if it gets me outside. ;) Just give me a few days to get re-settled in Cape Town and get past Christmas. Gotta finally do the full moon Lion's Head hike shortly...

Ralphus89

Postby Ralphus89 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:37 am

Hey.
I stay close to some of the crags in the southern suburbs are, e.g. The mine, Lakeside pinnacle, the hole etc. and am always looking for people to climb with.
Give me a shout. my number is 079 328 5168

Phi

Postby Phi » Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:44 pm

Cool, will do soon. Had a bit of an accident on Thursday that left me limping and bleeding (might be why the nice route beside the 13 in Lower Silvermine's Main Crag isn't in the guide book), but I should be good soon so will be looking to climb again after Monday.

Phi

Postby Phi » Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:50 pm

Hey, wasatchgirl and Ralphus, I'm good to go if either of you are interested. Playing footy tonight and probably watching Friday, but other than that I'm free. Sorry for the extended delay, friends & family and all that (which is weird for a tourist...). ;) Wasatchgirl, I hear you and your crew are pretty advanced so I won't be able to keep up, but I'm happy even to come out and watch the experts perform their craft.

wasatchgirl

Postby wasatchgirl » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:20 pm

Phi, I am home in the States right now, but return this Sunday. I climb (usually boulder) Tuesday and Thursday night and then all day on Saturday and Sunday. This schedule should start back up as of this coming Tuesday. Drop me a line if you are keen.

Phi

Postby Phi » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:51 pm

Cool, thanks. I will do if I'm still around (otherwise when I'm back). Rough idea is to head off travelling for February, but we don't have a plan yet so I'll probably still be in Cape Town for the first few days of Feb, so might be able to join you on your first Tuesday back. ;) And yeah, with that schedule you obviously ARE hardcore. ;D

thom

Postby thom » Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:13 am

Anyone up for meeting at Silvermine on Saturday? I don't have draws or a rope or any knowledge of the crag so I'm not really bringing much to the table....but I can belay and sometimes drag myself up the rocks so if that sounds good let me know.

Phi

Postby Phi » Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:38 pm

Certainly interested, but I don't have draws or a rope here, either. I'll see if I can coerce someone else into joining. Should be climbing with Andrew76 on Sunday, too, if you're up for that (dunno where/when, yet).

Return to “Climbing Partners”