Climbing near George and Wilderness

General climbing discussions. Climbing, Bouldering, Mountaineering. Anything!!
**Keep the arguments to the suject, not the members!
k8g

Climbing near George and Wilderness

Postby k8g » Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:02 pm

Hey all,

Is there any climbing near George and Wilderness? How would I find out more about it? Any guides down there?

Thank you,
Kate

Nic Le Maitre

Re: Climbing near George and Wilderness

Postby Nic Le Maitre » Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:32 am

sent you a pm
Happy climbing
Nic

Xharlie

Postby Xharlie » Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:06 pm

Care to post the info here so the rest of us can read it?

Nic Le Maitre

Postby Nic Le Maitre » Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:22 pm

Not really. It is kinda rude to post people's email addresses and phone numbers on the forum, because the amount of spam you get triples.

If you want the info let me know.
Happy climbing
Nic

Scott

Postby Scott » Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:20 pm

Hey Nic! I think he meant post info on the routes or climbing areas. Or better yet put the info in the wiki.

Would be good to know about more crags in that area.

sent you a pm
Scott

kyleM

Postby kyleM » Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:33 am

Maybe try contact someone from the the South Cape section of the Mountain Club. They'll probably be able to answer your questions and they're a great bunch of people!

Not going to post contact details here, but they're on the website: http://mcsasc.wordpress.com/

Justin

Postby Justin » Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:49 am

See also the: George - Wolwerivier thread.

drew wrote:Wolverivier is still open. its requires a call to the appropriate people and it helps to be a MCSA member. if you not a MCSA member the owner or his manager will not allow you in. Unfortunately Marius is no longer the person to call.
Rob Stewardson is the correct person to call 082 462 1451, however he is off visiting his guru in India. Dave Jones will by default be the next person to harass 044 - 343 1407. If you do want to climb at Wolverivier you need to organise the permit on Thursday or latest Friday morning to get in for the weekend.

It is also subject if the owner is there or not. don't try just pitch you will be chased away. A word on that, for those that carry more attitude than brains don't f...k it up for the rest of the climbing community by bad mouthing the guards or the manager. it is a privilege to climb there not a right.

Kyle are the above contact numbers still correct and if not who should be contacted??
Climb ZA - Administrator
justin@climbing.co.za

Willem

Postby Willem » Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:00 pm

Wolwerivier, while nice, is extremely limited. Oudtshoorn is only an hour from George and is a fantastic place to climb. I will be in George between 16-26 December, send me a pm if you want to make climbing plans.

Oakley

Postby Oakley » Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:49 pm

Im in Ladismith from the 12 -31 Dec would like to go climbing with anybody! I got gear and is 1 hr from oudtshoorn and 1.5hr from montague. pm me and we can arrange something.

Beatheathen

Postby Beatheathen » Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:31 pm

Justin wrote:See also the: George - Wolwerivier thread.

drew wrote:Wolverivier is still open. its requires a call to the appropriate people and it helps to be a MCSA member. if you not a MCSA member the owner or his manager will not allow you in. Unfortunately Marius is no longer the person to call.
Rob Stewardson is the correct person to call 082 462 1451, however he is off visiting his guru in India. Dave Jones will by default be the next person to harass 044 - 343 1407. If you do want to climb at Wolverivier you need to organise the permit on Thursday or latest Friday morning to get in for the weekend.

It is also subject if the owner is there or not. don't try just pitch you will be chased away. A word on that, for those that carry more attitude than brains don't f...k it up for the rest of the climbing community by bad mouthing the guards or the manager. it is a privilege to climb there not a right.

Kyle are the above contact numbers still correct and if not who should be contacted??

The new contact is Joanna 0736153305 and they charge R20 / hour to climb there.

Social Media

Return to “General Postings”