Climbing buddy in CapeTown area?

General climbing discussions. Climbing, Bouldering, Mountaineering. Anything!!
**Keep the arguments to the suject, not the members!
Pierre

Climbing buddy in CapeTown area?

Postby Pierre » Fri Dec 23, 2005 10:56 am

Hi,

I'm a South African living in Ireland visiting CA and CFM over the holidays. Anyone need or want to go climbing from 30 Dec - 4 Jan please contact me. I guess I'm currently climbing around 18-19(Trad) and 19-20(Sport).

Shot! :D
Pierre

email : pierrelud@yahoo.com
mobile : 0732103823

remy

Postby remy » Tue Dec 27, 2005 5:43 am

G'day Pierre,

I am also on holiday staying in Sommerset west and looking for climbing buddy. I have never climbed in cape town but climb around 20. Call me on my mobile on 072 064 168 3 on the 29th so that we can organise something for the 30th!

Hope to hear from you soon !

Remy

Karl4

Higgovale Quarry most accessible place in Cape Town

Postby Karl4 » Wed Dec 28, 2005 9:52 pm

Higgovale Quarry is now being visited nearly DAILY by at least 5 climbers if it's good weather. Many locals and many foreigners climb here.
The Belay-Bunkie group shows up many times at the Higgovale quarry.
After the big fire we had (which started all the way in Camps Bay), the Quarry somehow smells a lot better. (But that's probably cause I like the smell of fire).
Thanks to all neighbours and helpers who helped stop the raging fire.
It's got the following grades from the far left (west): 14, 16, 18, 24, diagonally across:21/22***, then there is another 8 routes to climb which range from grade 14 to 18 I should guess, but they are the shorter ones.
Many clubs do their training here, esp rescue training, abseling etc, sometimes even stunt-movies get shot here.
It is excellent for beginners and if you have forgotten your climbing shoes, you can still easily set up a top rope and climb! :)

You can email me to find out how to join the Belay-Bunkie mailing group (organised by my brother): cyberkarl@gmx.net
We do things like rapp-jumping down the Civic Centre, Abseiling and other hectic events.

Social Media

Return to “General Postings”