New Lines at Oudtshoorn

Latest South Africa climbing news! Good news - Hard sends, first ascents, onsights, wicked redpoints, competitions, etc. Bad news - accidents, muggings, rockfalls, etc. You can also send it on over to info@climbing.co.za.

Justin

New Lines at Oudtshoorn

Postby Justin » Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:51 pm

Jason Temple Forbes has been busy with his drill at Oudtshoorn with Sean Maasch bolting a new extension as well.
Below is a list of routes/projects bolted

Projects - *Note: All are 'In Progress' (IP)

A new line in the cave to left of Short Circut

At the Main wall:
Start up Squeeze Play to the roof and then out right to the chains of Jonny Rotten and continue to the top of the wall

Hard Play
Start up Squeeze Play, head up and across to the last two bolts of Jonny Rotten and then carry on up!! (about 10 bolts straight up)

Sean Maasch bolted a new extension above Fin Fang Fly

New Route:
The Vice (29/30)
This is the extension of 'Phallic Mechnic', which goes to the top of the crag!!

New Line to the right of Sid Vicious that goes to the top – it is open to the chains of Sid Vicious (called 'The Quickening' (27)) The extension is a project

Be careful with the new routes as a 60 meter rope will be at its limit on some of them (be sure to put knots in the end of your rope)

Public service:
Some bolts have been moved on Sid Vicous making it safer when if you fall

Climb ZA - Administrator
justin@climbing.co.za

Scott

Re: New Lines at Oudtshoorn

Postby Scott » Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:45 pm

Hey can someone ask JTF if the bolts are close enough to french free it? I cant climb that hard,lost my stick clip and want to get to the top so I can strip all the hangers off as Im short some hangers for one of my projects. I wont touch Seans hangers as I like him.
cheers
S

Social Media

Return to “South Africa Climbing News”