Quantcast
It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:09 pm

All times are UTC + 2 hours

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:17 pm 

I think Justin is on a plane somewhere, so in the meanwhile I'll post this news here:

"
The committee for the KZN Inter Schools Rock Climbing League would like to invite you all to the following three competitions:

Dates and Places:
Sat 1 August 2009 - UKZN
Sat 22 August 2009 – The “Rock”, Gateway
Sat 29 August 2009 – Kloof High School – John Dixon Indoor Centre

Very important news:
The KZN committee is happy to inform everyone that for the first time in a number of years a National Event is to take place. This event is to take place in Johannesburg at Wonderwall and Pretoria at the Barn over the weekend 2nd and 3rd October. The KZN Schools Climbing League Committee is in the process of arranging transport, accommodation, food and kit to take a team from Wed 30 September till Monday 5 October to compete against the Gauteng and Cape Schools Climbing Leagues.

All the details on http://www.sancl.org
"

Thumbs up to all the organisers. Some of the sponsors really have come to the party wrt to prizes - more news later & when confirmed.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:11 am 

I hope Paul and his team manage to set some new routes and clean up all the dog sh1t by then.
The barn is in a real shambles if you ask me, seems to be more like their private training venue than a public facility.
Aside from that negative, its awesome that the national event is happening again.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:46 am 

Many renovations are planned for the Barn. Besides that, there have been new routes up every time I have visited.
The school's nationals comp is going to be a great event.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:45 am 

Renovations will be well deserved, especially if its in time for the event!
There is great potential for this venue, I hope the plans materialize!
Of late, we have actually seen fewer routes every time we have been.
Maybe its because they are training for rock & road, and holds from routes are going on to the boulder wall...
Just sucks for me, cause there is less to climb each time...
anyhoo, this is off topic, and I'm sure they will get it all together for the national comp!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:48 pm 

The GSCL ( Gauteng Schools Climbing League) just had their Senior Finals @ The Barn on Sunday. Thanks to Paul & his team for setting the most awesome routes - the kids had a great time and many climbing friendships were formed. We could not have done it without you Paul. :thumright

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:42 pm 

The first KZN schools climbing comp, was held last sat 1/8 at kloof high school, the routes were "easy" as to build Confidence and enthusiasm, but JHB and CAPE be warned, KZN will kick some bottom at Nationals in October!!! if you want results, e-mail me on nicgeere@gmail.com.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:55 pm 

Can't wait for you guys to be here - it's going to be an awesome comp!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:39 am 

Western Cape is Proud to have completed its first League successfully in years. we are also proud to have selected a team to repsersent us at nationals, but are jealous of those who live so much closer.

Due to the size of our league and distances involved we hope to send about 14 competitors to nationals- but what we lack in numbers we make up for in quality- 8a.nu.

As this is the forum, what is KZNs plan for Boven Rally? We want our kids there for as long as possible, will yours be entering the Rally?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:43 pm 

The Nationals were absolutely amazing and paul and illona set some awesome routes. you guys should be happy that you have such a cool place to climb! :thumright