Tarkastad climbing

New Areas. New routes. Retrobolting. Add-ons. Re-grading. etc.

Tarkastad climbing

Postby Heavy » Tue Aug 30, 2005 8:25 am

Where can I find information on climbing at Mary, Martha etc. at Tarkastad? Routes such as 'Masculine Delusions' etc. look great.

Derek Marshall

Postby Derek Marshall » Tue Aug 30, 2005 8:57 am

Access to Mary is tricky. The farmer is a fantastic chap, but there are quite alot of does and don'ts. We are very keen to keep access open.

There is no readly avalible information. There is a private record being kept, but you would be better off making a mission with some locals(presuming that you have not been before). I'm always keen for Mary...so give me a shout

marshall@reworkafrica.co.za or 0836818713.

Postby Garvin » Sun Sep 04, 2005 10:53 pm

I hope your not planning to go without me Derek. Mid October will be good for me. I now were you live, bro.

Postby DBez » Mon Sep 05, 2005 7:40 am

Yes , Derek . And don't forget about the locos in PE , I think that might just be the right time to head up on old Mary again .

Derek Marshall

Postby Derek Marshall » Mon Sep 05, 2005 8:57 am

Naa...I'm not taking you wussies to Mary. She's to big for you, the walkin is too long, you don't have long enough ropes & your gear is too small. Besides she doesn't even like you.

Postby Greg » Mon Sep 05, 2005 11:45 am

Wot about Madeleine?

Derek Marshall

Postby Derek Marshall » Tue Sep 13, 2005 4:27 pm

She's too big and scary. But very open & with less of a walk in. Sweeter camping. There are just to many venues that we have plans for...Madeleine is on the back burner. The farmer is fully keen.

Postby DBez » Fri Sep 23, 2005 6:59 pm

Mmmm....and now Madeleine is scary for you EL guys . Pity , the PE locos were thinking of doing some hardcore sportlines on it , maybe some grades 14 to 18 ??? Or some dry (??) tooling at Lady Slipper . But I reckon we should first speak to you okes from EL about the Hogs too . Maybe some small party at the base to herald the EC as one of the best venues for super climbing in SA and a lack of climbers in the EC . Well done to the folks who keeps developing new trad and sport routes in our backyards !! (Mucho grande !) Now its time to open up even more routes , uh...uh ? I got to speak to my sponsors (Boreal , Beal , Musica etc .) There's no time to waste on these small petty issues of big walk ins . Hooray (!!) to very big cams , undersized nuts , dusty bushes and big rad walk ins over times of 1 hour or more . I say ...let's choke on the dust from these footpaths that has been lying in vain , waiting for the stomping of big footed boots . Uhhh...sorry that's me only !
Ahhhh....yeah don't forget about all those awesome lines we can bolt on the boulders at NSA . Ja !!!

Derek Marshall

Postby Derek Marshall » Fri Sep 23, 2005 11:52 pm

Dricus....lay off the weed. Eat a steak. Turn to rum... you are starting to weird me out!

Acountants????I dunno

Postby Magnus » Mon Sep 26, 2005 7:07 pm

Hey EP dudes. BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING! :shock:

See you in December on the Hogs. We have a little party planned??

Derek Marshall

Postby Derek Marshall » Wed Oct 05, 2005 7:51 am

Hey Magnus

How America?

Give us a shout. we are road tripping 16 Dec - 11 Jan. Hope you can join us. get in touch marshall@reworkafrica.co.za

I know what sort of a party you are planning.

Social Media

Return to “Area Updates & New Routes”