HELP

If you are a beginner climber and want to ask other climbers any questions - then this is the place to ask.
Lourens

HELP

Postby Lourens » Sun Jan 25, 2009 7:30 am

Hi, im Lourens
I`ve been doin serious hikes since shorttly after conception,but i do find myself always gazing up at all those towering cliffs above me! I would love to start climbing! My problem is that i live near a small town in the NW province far from climbing gyms or crags.Any tips on getting started,perhaps a weekend climbing course? Im 32,to late to start?

willemeulen

Re: HELP

Postby willemeulen » Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:20 pm

Hi Lourens,

I suggest to get in contact with the mountianclub of south africa (www.mcsa.org.za). Am shore the northwest have a section as well. I know johannesburg has meets almost every weekend (hiking and climbing) of which most meets are in the magaliesberg. They also do beginners courses on rock.

Cheers,

W
Climbing Off route doesn't exist; it's called a first ascent!

mokganjetsi

Postby mokganjetsi » Sun Jan 25, 2009 7:31 pm

you're only too old if you think you are to old. go for it bru - it is going to change your life!

Justin

Postby Justin » Sun Jan 25, 2009 7:33 pm

Definitely not too late to start. I think the Magaliesberg Section would be the closest to you - http://mag.mcsa.org.za
Also check out http://www.saclimb.co.za/cip_northwest.html (Anyone got any info on the Potchefstroom Crag??)
Enjoy it :D
Climb ZA - Administrator
justin@climbing.co.za

Lourens

Postby Lourens » Sun Jan 25, 2009 7:36 pm

W,thanx for advice! :thumright

Social Media

Return to “Beginners Corner”