Wanted - Beginer climbing partner

If you are a beginner climber and want to ask other climbers any questions - then this is the place to ask.
Monita

Wanted - Beginer climbing partner

Postby Monita » Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:22 pm

hi there

i'm fairly new to climbing and have lost my climbing partner [not due to a climbing accident :) ] so am looking for someone to start up with again. When i say beginer i mean beginer so need someone with lots of patience. i have the basic equipment except a rope which i still need to purchase. am happy to practice at city rock or outdoors which is preferable on the weekend.

Thanks
Monita

Not

Re: Wanted - Beginer climbing partner

Postby Not » Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:52 pm

Hi,

I started climbing about two months ago (in fact: two months to the day today :P). I am leading 16s and 17s, and head up stuff thats harder on top rope (less fear of falling).

I climb with a friend who is confident leading 19s, and a bunch of people who climb about the same as me or slightly higher. We generally have 5 people when we hit the crag so another would be awesome. We have a mix of guys and gals. We plan on climbing Peers Cave on Saturday/Sunday, with a stroll to the other side of the mountain afterwards. I'm climbing every week, so give me a shout.

Send me your email address and I'll add you to our general planning email list. Send it to 0844046069.
I don't think, therefore I'm Not

Drifter

Re: Wanted - Beginer climbing partner

Postby Drifter » Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:17 am

Hi Monita

If you want to sport climb sometime contact me on 072 027 5887.
The next thing you should buy is a helmet not a rope, if you don't have a helmet.

The Mountain Club of South Africa climbing courses are good; it is worth going on them if you can.
http://cap.mcsa.org.za/

Social Media

Return to “Beginners Corner”