Shoulder Trouble

General climbing discussions. Climbing, Bouldering, Mountaineering. Anything!!
**Keep the arguments to the suject, not the members!

Shoulder Trouble

Postby visitor » Thu Aug 04, 2005 4:25 pm

been cranking pretty hard after a long time off and the other day I woke up and my shoulder was in ruins. i felt nothing at the crag the day before. It is grinding and clicking away with mild pain....... any ideas whats happened to the thing? :?

Postby Grigs » Thu Aug 04, 2005 7:16 pm

:roll: Um duh! Youve strained it, go see a doctor then get yourself off to a physio! Surfing the net isnt going to help you! In future ease back into things and start a stretching program.

Postby visitor » Thu Aug 04, 2005 7:34 pm

:evil: erm not all of us have med-aid and cash to spend on doctors. all I am asking is what could be making the thing grind, its not muscular.. ie: could it be bursitis or some other injury that is common in climbers.

Postby Patient » Fri Aug 05, 2005 9:54 am

Just go straight to the physio, one appointment and they should be able to tell you what exercises to do to repair it. You've probably pulled ligaments which are now inflamed and getting \"stuck\" when you move your arm. Unfortunately you're probably going to have to give it a decent rest

Postby doors » Wed Aug 17, 2005 11:08 pm

Sorry man... physio is the best answer. I did my shoulder in 2 months ago and am still struggling on recovery. Mind you, it was a dislocation....
The noise could be anything from rotator cuff injury, enlarged ligaments from over-use, torn cartilage, or tendonitis. Best to find out exactly what it is, before you find the best exercises for recovery.

Here are some useful websites though:

What exercises can I do to help prevent injuries? ... #exercises

If you want to keep climbing hard, you have to look after the old body.

Postby Patient » Thu Aug 18, 2005 6:12 pm

Thanks dude.

Social Media

Return to “General Postings”