Quantcast
It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:23 pm

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: BAD Camping food…
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 8:05 am 

Lets put climbing aside for a short moment (a very short moment)… and chat about some grub. What can other campers/climbers do for or about fellow climbers being BAD cooks? I mean, its really not that hard to cook pasta after all. But my recent visit to Wilgepoort proved to me that there people out there that have no idea how to make a simple bowl of pasta. This person in particular is a brilliant climber, he has climbed for around 9 years or so. So I am guessing that he has cooked pasta MANY times around a camp fire. As pasta is the most common camping food around is it not, but he still cant get it right…

Mostly I felt sorry for his climbing partner, trying to force the contents of the bowl put in front of him down his throat. Yeah, now that I think of it, the poor victim didn’t climb the next day… Anyway I was the closest person around when they had finished… (what they could). He had the courage to expose himself to this forum and offered the remaining contents of the bowl to his fellow campers… it was dark and my head lamp wasn’t on or with me so I couldn’t exactly see what I was letting my self into…well next time I shall be more cautious what I put into my mouth… :x especially if it come off his stove again…

Are there any tips or web sites about camping food that can be posted to help the poor man in his cooking if not for himself then at least for his climbing partner and the rest of us that sit around the campfire taking in the aroma… “Hec”, it can’t be that difficult can it???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 12:01 pm 

Pronutro, sweet potato, wors.... and BEER!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 1:40 pm 
Fanta, you should be ashamed of yourself. As far as I recall, you were scrounging any and all food that was going, with or without the owner's permission. Your climbing partner didnt seem to share your qualms about the bowel of pasta in question either. He managed to wolf down what you left him (although he didnt do much climbing the next day either, hmmm?). So stick to fixing fans, its what you do best (apart from whining), and if you must please direct any complaints to my great grandmother Woolworths, as she tends to do most of the cooking for me. Now next time we go camping, you simply have to try my onion, anchovie and smash casserole...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 1:42 pm 
Fanta, you should be ashamed of yourself. The glu wein must have gone to your head because as far as I recall, you were scrounging any and all food that was going, with or without the owner's permission. Your climbing partner didnt seem to share your qualms about the bowel of pasta in question either. He managed to wolf down what you left him (although he didnt do much climbing the next day either, hmmm?). So stick to fixing fans, its what you do best (apart from whining), and if you must please direct any complaints to my great grandmother Woolworths, as she tends to do most of the cooking for me. Now next time we go camping, you simply have to try my onion, anchovie and smash casserole...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 1:46 pm 
Important truths are worth repeating. Lets play a game: Try spot the differences in the posts below...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 9:52 am 

Hey \"Mr. Jamie Oliver\" :lol: maybe :!: you need to go back to your roots and start from the beginning again cause it sounds like you get or supply these people with all your camping dinners and recipes ... http://bertc.com/recipes.htm I bet the kitty litter cake is one of your favorites.

Oh, and about fans, I bet if Steve had some of your pasta there would be a write up it on his website too. And the photo would have to have been censored from all Italians and people with half decent eyesight...

I also recall mr jamie that you weren’t climbing up to par the next day either

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 1:48 pm 

This has got to be the saddest argument of all time. Please do this somewhere where the world can't read it... Thanks :arrow: :arrow: