Registration for RLMC 2008 open

Latest South Africa climbing news! Good news - Hard sends, first ascents, onsights, wicked redpoints, competitions, etc. Bad news - accidents, muggings, rockfalls, etc. You can also send it on over to info@climbing.co.za.

cliff stalker

Registration for RLMC 2008 open

Postby cliff stalker » Sat Jan 05, 2008 10:41 am

Registration for The Rory Lowther Memorial Challenge 2008 is up and running. ONLY pre-registered challengers will receive TShirts and Goodie Bags and climbing at Swinburne on Sat 2 Feb will be closed to Non-Challengers during the competition. Meals including a Spit Braai will be available. Great Prizes again this year, and not just for the winners. Register on www.rorylowther.co.za soon. Swinburne, Harrismith 2-3 Feb 2008.

Snowflake

Postby Snowflake » Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:03 am

Im going to be the stick in the mud here and ask if there is anyone else who thinks the costs of these comps is getting a bit expensive. We did the rockrally and that was not cheap and did some basic sums for this comp.

For two of us to come down entry , fuel , toll gates and basic running costs it about R 1000.00 to R 1500.00 ( not including food ) for a days climbing!

Anyone have any coment or is it just me who thinks its getting more expensive each year.

cliff stalker

Postby cliff stalker » Mon Jan 07, 2008 6:31 pm

Prizes currently valued at over R50 000-00 includes Cash prizes for the winning teams, Winter & Summer Ski Packages, Bouldering Pad, Gear and Camping equipment and vouchers. T-shirts, Freebies and Free Finger Tape for each challenger. 5 meals inclusive of a Spit Braai with Pudding for R150.00. Good vibe and a fun weekend. Would that not warrant getting a couple of buds together to share travelling costs..or would you rather stay in the mud ?? Believe it or not it takes time, money, patience and passion to organise a competition.

Snowflake

Postby Snowflake » Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:14 am

I have been involved in cometitive sport on both racing and admin in SA and Europe for the past 20years so understand the lagistics. It was just a question I had as climbing is a low cost sport and thus we have such a great bunch of climbings out there from the ones who can afford it to the students.

Your piont taken , Thanks ( will clean the mud of my stick )

cliff stalker

Postby cliff stalker » Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:00 am

We have in the past been able to sponsor a couple of students with donations received, they would however have to apply for sponsorship. (On the condition that the donation is forthcoming again)
Didn't mean for the 'mud' comment to be contentious, just didn't want to see you stuck there. Hope to see you at RLMC 2008.

Marc

Postby Marc » Sat Jan 12, 2008 4:01 pm

My 2c worth...

I've been to the RLMC for the last 3 Years and in my humble opinion it has to be one of the best run comps in the country. Yes it might cost a tad more but you get so much more for your money. Also keep in mind that it is not a money making venture. The aim is to increase safety awareness and help fund SA mountain rescue.

Blood Wolf

Postby Blood Wolf » Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:24 pm

Hallo,

Ok so I think I want to go to this Challange is there someone that would like to share the traveling expenses. let me know via this forum.

Thanks
Live life to the full, Or make full use of Life.

shorti

Postby shorti » Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:17 am

Fantastic! I stay in Port Nolloth, just swing by my place and then we share the cost from there on. I'll pack some koeksisters and ginger ale.

HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWL :lol:

Snowflake

Postby Snowflake » Thu Jan 17, 2008 12:02 pm

Blood Wolf, where you from ? and what time can you leave on the friday?

Blood Wolf

Postby Blood Wolf » Fri Jan 18, 2008 11:32 am

I stay in Joburg, leave maybe if Im lucky at 4 O' clock.

Port Nolloth dude that to far, Sorry.
Live life to the full, Or make full use of Life.

photo_wiz

Lift offered

Postby photo_wiz » Fri Jan 18, 2008 1:42 pm

If there's anyone that want to drive with to RLMC, where leaving from Roodepoort / Strubens, Johannesburg the Friday, at 4 if lucky.Can Share transport cost. Give us a shout [/i] or just a PM.

Social Media

Return to “South Africa Climbing News”