2 brits want to climb in Drakensberg/KZN September

General climbing discussions. Climbing, Bouldering, Mountaineering. Anything!!
**Keep the arguments to the suject, not the members!
shazbat

2 brits want to climb in Drakensberg/KZN September

Postby shazbat » Sat Jun 25, 2005 4:40 pm

Hi,

We are planning a trip to KZN in late september and are hoping to spend some time \"adventure climbing\" in the Drakensberg. Is there anyone out there that can give some good advice or who wanted to hook up for a while? I will be in Durban for a conference 19-23rd september and then have 2-3 weeks to spend having epics! We can climb up to UK HVS whcih as far as i can tell equates to aprox 16-17 in SA grades?

Any help/advice gratefully accepted!

Thanks

PS i have looked at the v. impressive web site for KZN-MCSA and have a certain amount of basic info.

Sharon (Shazbat) :D

ScottS

Postby ScottS » Tue Jun 28, 2005 7:36 am

I suggest getting in touch with someone from the MCSA KZN section committee directly (details on the website). There is a very good printed route guide for the Drakensberg which is your best source of information. The guide is really cheap (even if you earn Rands :P)
At the chaaaaains boet!!

ScottS

Postby ScottS » Tue Jun 28, 2005 7:36 am

I suggest getting in touch with someone from the MCSA KZN section committee directly (details on the website). There is a very good printed route guide for the Drakensberg which is your best source of information. The guide is really cheap (even if you earn Rands :P)
At the chaaaaains boet!!

Social Media

Return to “General Postings”