Returning in Dec.

Find someone to climb with... anywhere
Jaimie

Returning in Dec.

Postby Jaimie » Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:41 pm

Hi I am a Fish Hoek local coming back this year in December after 5 years in Italy. I have climbed more outside of South Africa than at home. I am coming back for a while maybe permanently. I will have the luxury of climbing often as I have a bit of cash saved up so I would really like to improve a lot.

I would really like to be able to climb at least 3 or 4 days a week outdoors so obviously I won't always be able to have the same partner every day. I would preferably like to climb with people stronger than me. The most I have climbed is a 7a flash. I would like to start climbing 7a on sight.

However I am not fussy or stuck up as long as I can go outdoors and get as much time on the rock as possible.

Looking fwd to hearing from you and getting back into the climbing community. :D

Jaimie

Jaimie

Re: Returning in Dec.

Postby Jaimie » Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:45 pm

Ok maybe I sounded too full of myself. But when I get back I REALLY want to go climbing often. Looking for partners who are patient because I really do get scared. Ok there you have it. A sissy who wants to improve but has a lot of head work to do :)

lelikegogga

Postby lelikegogga » Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:12 pm

Hi Jaimie,

I think your post slipped past everyone, cause December is some distance away. Over here we mostly plan according to the weather (which we only now a week or so in advance).
Also, the community is small and flashing 7a is quite an achievement over here. Wanting to climb with people stronger than yourself significantly diminishes your chances of finding suitable partners.

We're always looking for someone psyched to join the crowd though, so you should not have to much trouble once you arrive back in SA.

Drop me a mail closer to the time, then we make a plan to get out. (phlipolivierATgmail)

Wes

Postby Wes » Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:28 pm

Hey Jamie,

Wesley here, you used to fence with my bro Jay. We have been climbing quite a bit recently and you are welcome to join us when you get back. We arent quite climbing your kinda grades yet, but are getting there quickly.

Wes

Return to “Climbing Partners”