Partner needed in Bulawayo

Find someone to climb with... anywhere
jekramak

Partner needed in Bulawayo

Postby jekramak » Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:06 pm

Arrived in Bulawayo a week or so ago,am desperate to get out on some rock and do not have a car. Looking for anyone who climbs in the area that's will to entertain a very eager Yank for the day/weekend. I've brought a full trad & sport rack as well as ropes and am happy to play ropegun or belay-boy as long as I get to touch some granite! Most of my climbing in the NW US (the Cascade Range of Washington State) where I've primarily focused on multi-pitch/alpine trad, but I'm happy to aid, clip bolts or boulder as necessary. Please pm me with some contact info and I'll get in touch.

Eric

elpicara

Re: Partner needed in Bulawayo

Postby elpicara » Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:28 am

Hi there,

I saw your post. I just arrived from Canada 5 days ago and I'll be in Cape Town until Nov 1st. I'm so looking for a partner to do some outdoor rock climbing in the area. I do lead climb and I've done trad climbing a couple of times however I only have my climbing shoes and harness with me.

I don't have a car but perhaps we could rent one or take a bus somewhere. You can contact me at rogeliocazares@gmail.com or call my cell 0714568357

Rogelio

ryanh

Postby ryanh » Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:34 pm

Hi eric,

Go and boulder in Matopos, Malemi Dam (pics atttached). I'm in harare so if you ever come this way give me a shout and if i hear of any members heading down to Bulawayo I'll let you know.

Cheers,
Ryan
Attachments
Malemi 1.jpg
Malemi 1.jpg (53.15 KiB) Viewed 359 times
Malemi 2.jpg
Malemi 2.jpg (42.49 KiB) Viewed 359 times

Justin

Postby Justin » Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:36 pm

that looks really cool!
Climb ZA - Administrator