Vising South Africa alone, hoping to climb anywhere July 8-9

Find someone to climb with... anywhere
dluna

Vising South Africa alone, hoping to climb anywhere July 8-9

Postby dluna » Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:12 am

Hello,

My name is Daniel Luna, and I'm very excited to be visiting South Africa this July. I'm a graduate student from the United States, and I've been climbing about 4 years (up to V5/6 bouldering, around 7a/17 sport, and only comfortable leading trad up to 5c/17).

I'll only be in South Africa for a few days (my stay there is essentially just an extended layover en route to Madagascar), but really would like to meet up with someone to climb. I hear such great things about the climbing in South Africa, but I'm afraid I might miss out on it because I'm traveling alone and don't really know anyone.

I have no definitive plan, but I know I will be especially eager to climb on July 8th and 9th. Bouldering, sport, trad, whatever. I'm flying into Jo'burg, but would be more than willing to catch a quick flight to Capetown, especially since I hear such great things about the area.

If you are looking for a climbing partner, or wouldn't mind me tagging along on a trip you're already planning, please let me know. Also, anybody reading this has any general advice on how to find somebody to climb with, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks so much,

Daniel

Return to “Climbing Partners”