Climbing in Durban

Find someone to climb with... anywhere
stevemurphy

Climbing in Durban

Postby stevemurphy » Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:49 pm

Hello.

My girlfriend and I have just arrived in Durban and are looking people to climb with. We climb sport up to about 18 lead, and have all our own equipment - just not the friends to show us the routes.

Please email me on stephenmurphysa at gmail dot com if we can join you, or reply to this post.

thanks
steve

Skyjuggler

Re: Climbing in Durban

Postby Skyjuggler » Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:10 pm

Hey Steve

Welcome to Durbs... Unfortunately, I'm going away for three weeks but as soon as I get back I;ll give you a buzz.

Where about in Durban are you. If you're looking for people to climb with, check out the UKZN campus sports hall or Kloof high school (indoor centre) on Tuesdays and Thursdays
I'm not a complete idiot... There're some parts missing!

Dogleg

Postby Dogleg » Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:09 pm

Hey Steve!

Where are you from?

As Skyjuggler mentioned, a few of us train at the Old Mutual Sports Hall in Glenwood on Tuesdays and Thursdays from about 17h00 onwards. It's part of the university, gate 9, Francious Rd, although I think the road name might have been changed. Send me a personal message if you need directions.

We generally climb on rock every Sunday- it is Wave Cave season, on beautifully overhanging slopy, pinchy, pumpy stuff, (starting at grade 23) so we're there for the rest of Winter.
A bunch of us are heading out to Umgeni Valley in Howick on the 26th if you're keen for some awesome face climbing.
I'm not here for a long time,
I'm here for a good time!

Nic Gear

Postby Nic Gear » Wed Jul 15, 2009 6:42 pm

Steve

i run that club in kloof, give me a shout on 072 380 8392 for directions and times.
people in the club, climb every week-end on rock so we are not just plasic.

shot nic

stevemurphy

Postby stevemurphy » Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:32 pm

thanks for the responses guys. I'll pop into the sports hall next week. I've heard of the wavecave but may be a bit difficult for us to start out on. I'll give nic a call about this weekend, thanks.

steve

Return to “Climbing Partners”