Getting started

Find someone to climb with... anywhere
Kasia

Getting started

Postby Kasia » Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:39 am

Hello, I am in Cape Town for a few months and would really like to get into climbing. I have only done intro to climbing in the past and some indoor climbing. Ideally I would love to hook up with some people or join a group that teaches set up and techniques. If you are a climber that knows what/he or she is doing, in need of a partner, yet willing to teach a couple of things..I am your girl!

Any advice or contacts would be really appreciated!

Thanks

ATC

Postby ATC » Mon Feb 26, 2007 11:05 am

Hi I am also looking for a climbing partner as my regular partner has gone overseas-been climbing for 7 years or so... If you keen post some contact details as Im normally always available to climb.

yobru

Postby yobru » Mon Feb 26, 2007 1:54 pm

Hey there.
If you need some basic teaching on safe climbing indoor and outdoors, I would really recommend the 'Intro' and 'Lead' courses that the Perfect Wall provide. Costs are minimal and the teaching solid and simple. There is also opportunity to meet other climbers in need of a partner or two.
visit www.perfecthealth.co.za/wall.htm or email for more info wall@perfecthealth.co.za
:D

jeanpant

Postby jeanpant » Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:01 pm

Hi Kasia

I would love to help but i would however have to see a photo of you first. Could you possibly post one on this forum? It would also help a great deal if you could disclose your nationality.

The Jimmy

Postby The Jimmy » Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:47 pm

Kasia, we drive through from CapeTown to the PerfectWall in Stellenbosch usually twice a week to go climb. You're welcome to join. Drop me a mail : mostertniel at yahoo.com if you're interested.

Chau

JonoJ

Postby JonoJ » Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:46 pm

CityRock gym is right in Cape Town..... may be easier to get to than Perfect Wall. Great place too!

JC

Postby JC » Tue Feb 27, 2007 3:13 pm

The mountain club of SA offers free training courses to its members, it also organises climbing meets once a month - great for beginners.

yobru

Postby yobru » Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:59 pm

Its good to see so many opportunities available to new/beginner climbers on the scene. Goes to show that our sport is growing and developing more and more. Maybe we can one day see a Springbok Rock Climbing squad sent to some sort of international climbing event... :wink:
Does anyone think S.A. has the caliber climbers available for such a feat???

ATC

Postby ATC » Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:10 pm

Interesting question :? While I think we have a fairly high level of talent in this country, Ive seen some of the stuff thats being climbed in these international comps-and man :shock: pretty crazy stuff

JonoJ

Re:

Postby JonoJ » Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:07 pm

yobru wrote:Its good to see so many opportunities available to new/beginner climbers on the scene. Goes to show that our sport is growing and developing more and more. Maybe we can one day see a Springbok Rock Climbing squad sent to some sort of international climbing event... :wink:
Does anyone think S.A. has the caliber climbers available for such a feat???

Of course we do!!

What would the team be called? ... Amafenefene?

Imfene being baboon in Zulu..... implicit meaning "That which resembles a human being". Hoohoo Haha!!

yobru

Postby yobru » Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:46 pm

Amafenefene!
:lol: :lol: :lol:
That would be fine by me! And I share the same feeling thet we DO have the tallent. We just have to start somewhere, like... :idea: ! maybe the National Bouldering League...
Finals @ Montague - New Bouldering Area there! Now thats got my vote aswell!!!
:lol:

Return to “Climbing Partners”