The Beach

Find someone to climb with... anywhere
carlkritzinger

The Beach

Post by carlkritzinger » Thu Dec 14, 2006 5:54 pm

I've seen some stunning photos os a mysterious crag called \"The Beach\", allegedly somewhere near PE. Gonna be in the region soon and i'd like to go and climb there if possible. Are there any route guides/topos? Can anyone tell me what the access situation is?

much obliged

DBez

Post by DBez » Fri Dec 15, 2006 7:50 am

Hey Carl ,
you must have seen photos before the floods . Half of the crag , most of the classic routes are out of bound at the moment . Check the latest SA Mountain Mag . There's still some routes to do though but , from 18 - 26 . Only about 5 routes in total . The cool stuff is above water . Let me know if you are interested though as there's still climbing at nearby crags too . Just drop by on this message .

The Jimmy

Post by The Jimmy » Fri Dec 15, 2006 11:28 am

There's DWS potential for the the routes that are now above the water. ( 2 x 29's, a 27 , a 23 and a project) Would be great to have a victim *ahem, cough cough* I mean fellow climber try it out to see if the water is deep enough. But I agree with DBez it's probably not worth going there anymore, unless you're up for DWS of course. But lots of cool stuff in the nearby areas.

Marshall

Post by Marshall » Sun Feb 11, 2007 1:21 pm

There is no change at the beach.. Still lots of water at the base of the crag. We went for a walk on the new sand bank beach oposite the crag. The changes from how it was before the flood are quite amazing.