Seeking a climbing partner 8/6 - 8/15.

Find someone to climb with... anywhere
Vang

Seeking a climbing partner 8/6 - 8/15.

Post by Vang » Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:07 pm

Hello!

My partner and I will be climbing in Waterval Boven for a week at the end of July / early August, but she has to return to the United States two weeks earlier than I do. I would like to continue climbing for my remaining two weeks if there is anyone looking for a partner anytime between 8/6 and 8/15. I will be in Waterval Boven or Johannesburg on 8/6 but can go anywhere from there.

About me: I live in the Eastern United States in the Appalachian mountains. I'm a graduate student working on a research project in Limpopo in July, and traveling for fun after that. I would be happy to Skype or such, as an introduction.

I'm excited for the trip! You guys seem to have a great climbing community.

Van

RockRay

Re: Seeking a climbing partner 8/6 - 8/15.

Post by RockRay » Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:06 am

Hi Van

What grades are you currently climbing

Vang

Post by Vang » Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:41 pm

By the conversion, I'm currently leading around 17 and top-roping 19. I'll be spending my first week in Waterval Boven with a friend who climbs at a higher level than myself. I'm hoping to advance.

That said, I'm a patient and laid back person. I don't mind belaying for things above my grade. It's always great to learn.

-- Van
Last edited by Vang on Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

elodie

Post by elodie » Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:37 pm

I Van.

I will arrive in Johannesburg on the 29th of july and plane to move at Waterval just following. I already spent one week there in tranquilitas camping, and I will be glad to join you for climbing.
You can send me your whattsap contact if you want.
Elodie.