Plateau Boulders, Rocklands

Swop tips on moves, route conditions, etc.
thomsonza

Plateau Boulders, Rocklands

Postby thomsonza » Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:41 am

Hi,

Does anyone have a more precise topo of the Plateau Boulders at Rocklands? I have the one from the routes wiki but it is incredibly difficult to distinguish between routes as the numbers are all cramped together.

Also, more precise route info would be great. More specifically I am looking at the 'Girl on our mind' boulder and the surrounding boulders.

Any info would be appreciated!

Thanks

woody

Re: Plateau Boulders, Rocklands

Postby woody » Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:03 pm

Go to http://www.rocklandsboulders.com/topos/

and you'll find a list of all the Rocklands topos you'll need.

thomsonza

Postby thomsonza » Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:31 pm

Thanks woody,

The 2 together gives me a slightly better idea of the routes but still looking for an overview... Something similar to the climb ZA routes wiki (De Pakhuys, Plateau Area) but slightly more detailed where the numbers are not so close together and you can distinguish between routes a little easier.

I have been checking YouTube vids to get a better idea of the routes too but there aren't many.

woody

Postby woody » Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:53 pm

Yeah end of the day it always easiest going with someone who knows the area, and there are lots of problems that aren't on the topos. But the topo off RocklandsBoulders covers most of the problems, so it's pretty good. There are lots of Rocklands video's on Vimeo.com, but they don't feature too many of the Plateau problems.

Return to “Beta Section”