Hardcopy Guide to Montagu

Let us know your thoughts. Anything you want us to add? Error reports? Did we mispell anything? We'll also keep you updated here about new stuff on ClimbZA.
robinsonk

Hardcopy Guide to Montagu

Post by robinsonk » Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:39 pm

Hi From Australia,
We are planning to spend some time in Montagu climbing later this year. What is the easiest way to get a hardcopy guide for Montagu, should i be printing out the individual crag pages on the routes wiki or can it be bought\downloaded as a single book?
Thanks,
Kim

proze

Re: Hardcopy Guide to Montagu

Post by proze » Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:48 am

Western Cape Rock by Tony Lourens has RDs for Montagu. But you'd need to print some updates. Email City Rock and see if they have stock.

Justin

Post by Justin » Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:05 am

You can also get a copy from the DeBos Campsite in Montagu.
The Western Cape Crags guide book is out of date, but still a good guide for the area.

Check out the Montagu Topo's section. The Bold and Beautiful Crag (which is worth a visit) is not in the guide book.
Enjoy.
Climb ZA - Administrator
justin@climbing.co.za

robinsonk

Post by robinsonk » Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:01 am

Hi Guys,
Thanks for the info, a copy is now on order :)

Funguye

Post by Funguye » Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:58 pm

First time I went there I put a pdf together with extracts I found on the wiki here and other information. Given that I didn't have a book at that stage yet. The information is not my IP or brainwork to sell or distribute and credit goes to wiki, but I have done the legwork to put it in a printable version and am happy to send it to you with some comments and notices on updates.

Other than that, what Justin said. Go camp at De Bos, they are awesome people and will sort you out quickly, and there are usually other regulars camping there as well that will help you. PM me if you need more info.
Strangers have the best candy!