Logging in Tranquilitas

How did that route get that name? Jokes. Funny bits. Crag humour.
shorti

Logging in Tranquilitas

Postby shorti » Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:36 am

I must admit, the name Tranquilitas gave me the wrong impression. It makes me think of a quiet and peaceful valley with trees and green grass and the soothing sound of a stream with a few small waterfalls. I expect something like that (at least in my imagination - I have a rather wild one) when I go to a place with a name like that, but instead I got shaken out of my dream by the most overwhelming logging and sawing off the lovely trees. I think it would not be a bad idea to rename the place to Timber City. Look I can handle a little light snoring, but that performance on Saturday was quite something to behold! I know of a few lads that might have been in jail for murder today if they could only manage to get within 50 yards of the sawmill. I tried everything I could, but wrapping a towel around my head almost suffocated me, and a deadly concoction of painkillers, antihistamine and way too much beer didn't help me sleep much either. At least there would be little chance of a mugging, maybe a deaf mugger might have pulled something off but it would be easy to catch him, he'd be shaking uncontrollably for days. Besides everyone was awake in any case. But on the bright side I don't think I've ever slept as well as last night - in the peace and tranquility of the city. :mrgreen: Hope you all have wonderful Monday!

nosmo

Re: Logging in Tranquilitas

Postby nosmo » Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:50 am

Hahaha, who is the snorer?

Justin

Postby Justin » Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:09 am

Try rolling the offending snorer onto their stomach (this stops some people from snoring I'm told)
Climb ZA - Administrator
justin@climbing.co.za

emile

Postby emile » Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:18 am

ok ok, fine, I'll get the woman to turn on her stomach next time :mrgreen: :pirat: :afro:

shorti

Postby shorti » Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:20 am

Dunno for sure, I tried triangulating, but it was kinda hard to keep focused...

Maybe suspected snorers should have a cam tied to their back to keep them from sleeping on their backs. Justin you don't quite understand, I wasn't going anywhere near to roll him of his back :shaking: :shaking2:

shorti

Postby shorti » Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:23 am

NO WAYS!? 1Dog, I can't believe - hahaha

emile

Postby emile » Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:03 am

shorti: I've taken significant risk of serious physical injury, but for a fellow climber in need of sleep (without having to resort to too much beer - I just KNOW you hate it :wink: ), I've had a heart-to-heart (and then a fist to my forehead) with the woman. After some pleading, I got her to agree that she'll be shouting "TIMBER!" before turning in for the night. :pirat:

And remember:
"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read" (R. Beets)

:mrgreen:

shorti

Postby shorti » Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:38 pm

hahaha - thanks for the heads up 1Dog. I got me a set of earplugs just in case... Cool quote :D

Warren G

Postby Warren G » Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:41 pm

sorry for you, but i am glad to hear they are getting rid of at least some of the Wattles- they are so invasive.

i must concede i dissed the family for Xmas and went up there, only to be harrassed by dogs. don't get me wong i have nothing against dogs, but barking, fighting, running around peeeing on my tent while laying land mines is not my idea of tranquility either. As was Xmas, and i wasn't about to ruin the vibe of the camp site. BTW there were more dogs there then humans there.
Sandbagging is a dirty game

Social Media

Return to “Climbing TRIVIA”