The Scorn Committee 21 March

Latest South Africa climbing news! Good news - Hard sends, first ascents, onsights, wicked redpoints, competitions, etc. Bad news - accidents, muggings, rockfalls, etc. You can also send it on over to info@climbing.co.za.

SNORT

The Scorn Committee 21 March

Post by SNORT » Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:28 pm

This is the first announcement of the Scorn Committee meeting taking place on the 21 March in Cape Town. Venue to be announced.

Here is the LONG version of the constitution of the Scorn Committee.
It is decreed that a new climbing committee will be promulgated hence forth known as the “Scorn Committee”. The scorn committee members consists of ALL climbers and from time to time individual members’ actions and utterances will be scrutinized and then subjected to scorn. The club-house for the scorn committee is anywhere that climbers gather. A quorum is 5 members of which all will act as scornees and will also be scorned. All members will be jury and judge and plaintiff.

Once scorned the minutes of the meeting may be published on the internet.

Yours in scorning…..
So anyone that has anything to do with climbing whether it be up trees, on rocks or on their partners ....oops! Are members.

The membership fees are a bottle of your favourite poison (most prefer whisky) bit egg nogs will do. I mean, whatever!

If you do not attend, you will still be scorned and worse. In fact, other than the minutes being published, which are generally quite forgiving, a scornee who does not attend will be shredded on Climb.co.za!

It takes much more courage to have your laundry washed in public than to do any X rated run out trad route dudes...

This is a meeting not to be missed!

brianweaver

Re: The Scorn Committee 21 March

Post by brianweaver » Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:11 am

You know what, I am actually in CT at that time... I may just have to see what this is all about :lol:
I hate this real world place... I'd be more than happy to live out there rather...

Bubblyworld

Post by Bubblyworld » Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:21 am

:lol:

This sounds like quite the laugh, I think I might actually come see what this is all about as well...

Warren G

Post by Warren G » Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:57 am

that is a meeting that i wouldn't want to take the minutes for. If i am in town i wil pull thru too.

Cool to hear you wil be down Brian, although i'm sure we can plan our own scorn list next week when im in Gauteng.
Sandbagging is a dirty game

The Jimmy

Post by The Jimmy » Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:03 pm

Will potential scornees be identified prior to said meeting and (very publicly) notified so they can prepare to attend and state their cases? Nothing like a well rehearsed statement shot down by a liqoured up audience:lol:

Oh and I suggest scornees be sworn in on the holy laminated colourprint topo of Yellowood Amphitheatre before pleading their defences

SNORT

Post by SNORT » Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:13 pm

Everybody scorns and gets scorned. the worst crime would be if there is no dirt found on you. Then we will simply make it up.

The whole point of this meeting is to basically do a peer review of each other and thereby ensure that we understand what is acceptable of not. The whole British climbing ethos is based on guys meeting in the pub and pulling the ring on each other when they BS about a route they did, or if they transgressed any ethical boundaries or whatever.

This kinda thing keeps people in line and honest, is open to public scrutiny and so on. If you made out you onsighted a route without beta and you did not, this is where you get nailed.

It is meant to be a trial by popular opinion by climbers of climbers.

It is fun, is meant not to be offensive or adversarial.

But BRUTAL.....

Chris F

Post by Chris F » Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:19 am

Scorn Committee sounds like a great idea. Giving pub shitshooting sessions an official name!

(edit:removed spam comment)
Last edited by Chris F on Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Justin

Post by Justin » Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:25 am

Spam/user deleted.
Interestingly: It was not a bot, but a real person taking the time!
Climb ZA - Administrator
justin@climbing.co.za

SNORT

Post by SNORT » Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:07 am

So the meeting is taking place in my garden round a fire this Wednesday. All are welcome; especially those dudes that don't like what I say and how I say on the various forums where I pontificate about the evils of bolting and engineering. This is your chance to publicly and in person scorn my utterances and actions.

There are rules though. No personal attacks on the person or character will be tolerated -only the utterances and actions!

Everyone arriving will be scorned for something and there will be a vote out of 10 (I got 19) lost time - it was so bad.

Bring something to Braai and RSVP to me with a pm so I can have enough rolls and condiments.

Bring your favourite poison to drink but nothing illegal.

If you do not know where I live then send a PM or ask someone who does.

Yours in scorning....

The Captain Rooibos award will also take place on Wednesday for the most outrageous utterance or action at the Tradathon.

Warren G

Post by Warren G » Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:13 am

Could we have an address and time please- this may require a PM or email (sales@rammountain.co.za)

I promise not to use the addess for random egg thowing as I leave :thumright
Sandbagging is a dirty game

vander

Post by vander » Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:16 am

What time?
Chuck Norris wears Ueli Steck pyjamas