injury

Latest South Africa climbing news! Good news - Hard sends, first ascents, onsights, wicked redpoints, competitions, etc. Bad news - accidents, muggings, rockfalls, etc. You can also send it on over to info@climbing.co.za.

macapaley

injury

Post by macapaley » Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:52 am

How to heal a ankle injury that I sustained a year ago? I injured my ankle a year from now, playing soccer. Most likely I damaged my legement, the problem is that it's been a year and ofcourse the injury got better, but there is still a problem. When I kick the ball hard my injured ankle hurts. But when I run, make turns, kick the ball with the side of my foot, I don't feel any discomfort on my ankle. What might be the problem? How can I help the injury heal? Anyone had similar problem before?
Last edited by macapaley on Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

garvinj

Re: injury

Post by garvinj » Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:00 am

You should stop kicking ball and go climbing. No Really, have X-rays done and speak to doctor. Ankles are under pressure all the time. I have suffered some damage also and its not cool. Don't do home remedy. See the pro.

Garvin

Justin

Re: injury

Post by Justin » Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:58 am

As above: have it checked out by a professional. These things often worsen as you get older ;)

Here is a list of Recommended Physio's
Good luck!
Climb ZA - Administrator
justin@climbing.co.za