Good news - Boven Crime coming to an end?

Latest South Africa climbing news! Good news - Hard sends, first ascents, onsights, wicked redpoints, competitions, etc. Bad news - accidents, muggings, rockfalls, etc. You can also send it on over to info@climbing.co.za.

Gustav

Good news - Boven Crime coming to an end?

Postby Gustav » Mon Dec 12, 2005 1:03 pm

Ok, you might think I mention this becuase of my business interest in Waterval Boven ... well yes, but I also have an interest in keeping the crags safe, well bolted, clean with good paths - also for my own pleasure.

The fact is that the SA Police have nailed the kingpin in the Boven crime saga (read the newspaper article on http://www.rocrope.com).

I am now a member of the local Community Police Forum and we are planning projects to keep town safe (it has been rated as the 3rd safest town in Mpumalanga! - just a pity that the crime has been concentrated on climbers and Elandskrans.

Also note that the Chalets above Hallucinogen wall can be booked through us on 013 257 0363.
Gustav
Roc 'n Rope Adventures
Waterval Boven
013 257 0363
climb @t rocrope dot com

MW

Postby MW » Mon Dec 12, 2005 1:09 pm

Whoohoo! Thats fabulous news and well done to those involved!

Gustav

Postby Gustav » Tue Dec 13, 2005 8:53 am

Thank the SAPS. Call the Captain himself (013 257 0502) or even better fax a letter of thanks on 013 257 0672.

There have been problems at the station in the past but with the recent formation of a Community Police Forum, the public can now use the forum to lodge complaints, give input, offer assistance etc.

It has taken long enough, but the cops here are now awake. I guess time will tell?
Gustav
Roc 'n Rope Adventures
Waterval Boven
013 257 0363
climb @t rocrope dot com

MW

Postby MW » Tue Dec 13, 2005 1:00 pm

Sent a fax - be nice if they got a whole lot of support, so hope a few more people do the same!

Social Media

Return to “South Africa Climbing News”