Quantcast
It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 8:46 am

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: Tea for three ???
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 10:46 am 

Tea for three- What did everyone think? I for one enjoyed the movie yet for some reason never got that feeling of 'wow hectic!!', other than when clinton climbed dream street rose and jeremy on double jeopardy. I know that the purpose of the movie wasnt on hectic climbing, rather friendship and good times, but I have to say that I was somewhat dissapointed by the over emphasis on non climbing related clips that were shown. I have only but thoroughly enjoyed all of the fresh air productions and bought most of them to own, but I have to be honest that the most recent one would not be part of my collection. Only my opinion I suppose....

Post subject: tea for three - mandate
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:18 am 

The mandate was to make a movie that portrayed those values in climbing that result in \"stickiness\". How many young sport climbers come and go when they reach their number celing?

Who are doing the major first ascents (not necessarily the hardest) and are involved in all spheres of climbing and growing the sport. It's mostly middle aged and older men and women. Even Clinton is but 3 years away from 35 (middle age).

To name but a few, Evan Wierx is at the top of his game as a boulderer even if he is not quite as strong as 10 years ago and very active generally; Stuart Brown is doing new routes all the time some as hard as grade 30, Tony D!ck is still at any one time one of the most active, bold and best onsite trad climbers in the Country; Mark Seuring and Alard Hufner are also getting on now but clean everyone up at the Boven Rock Rally and are on the hunt for new adventures all the time; Tinie Versveld's development of Milner Amphitheatre has had no equal and he was around 40 years old when that all started. We are talking about an average age here of aorund 40 or so.

This was not to be another \"Cock rock\" movie about grungy appearing youngsters styling up practised and impossible looking problems in their board shorts. There are more than enough of those and they don't seem to be inspiring the youth.

Climbing, amongst other things is about desire, compromises, living with failure and relationships. I believe the movie portrays that well. It is already a finalist at the Vancouver Mountain Film Festival.

Well done to the FAC.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:06 am 

SNORT wrote:

Tony SPAM is still at any one time one of the most active, bold and best onsite trad climbers in the Country;......

Tony Spam! hehehe :lol:

Gotta agree, witnessed Tony D i c k, cruising through Captain Hook, or some strange variation of it, while I cursed, spat, and bled my way through Roulette. Impressive!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 7:43 pm 

Is this movie available for delivery in the U.S.?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:38 pm 

At the moment the movie is licensed for film festival screening only. Working on further distribution