Pink & Purple chalk markings

Latest South Africa climbing news! Good news - Hard sends, first ascents, onsights, wicked redpoints, competitions, etc. Bad news - accidents, muggings, rockfalls, etc. You can also send it on over to info@climbing.co.za.

Justin

Postby Justin » Mon May 23, 2005 12:46 pm

Hi,

Noticed some coloured chalk markings at Rocklands this last weekend, I think most people will agree that this is a no-no. Please, only white tick marks if you really need them.
Climb ZA - Administrator
justin@climbing.co.za

crosswind

Postby crosswind » Mon Jun 13, 2005 2:24 pm

Yeah, it sucks-noticed this at Chosspile at Harties at Harry Potter crag-somebody thought it would be cool to put pink/purple gradings next to routes. To make matters worse they tried their hand at some artwork as well.

Fool

Postby Fool » Mon Jun 13, 2005 3:31 pm

Why is it that people feel the need to leave their mark every where they go.... what FOOLS!!!

I haven't personaly seen any cases where coloured chalk has been used. But I am sure that at alot of crags or bouldering areas it may be better to use a colour that blends in with the natural rock. Obviously not bright pink purple. But the use of more earthy colours seems like a good idea....
Reds for hellfire
even greeny brown for amazon.com (lots of green most and lichens)

Yes/No

Social Media

Return to “South Africa Climbing News”