Lost World Jaywalker direct 22

Latest South Africa climbing news! Good news - Hard sends, first ascents, onsights, wicked redpoints, competitions, etc. Bad news - accidents, muggings, rockfalls, etc. You can also send it on over to info@climbing.co.za.

SNORT

Lost World Jaywalker direct 22

Post by SNORT » Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:24 pm

Lost World saw some activity this weekend with WIllem Douw Kate Dave Webster and Snort ticking some of the classics.

Jaywalker was also straightened by me with a heady grade 22 pitch.
Jaywalker Direct 22 Lost World Crag January 2017.jpg
Jaywalker Direct 22 Lost World Crag January 2017.jpg (164.25 KiB) Viewed 994 times

Justin

Re: Lost World Jaywalker direct 22

Post by Justin » Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:17 pm

Miss this place!!

Did you get to speak with the manager about future access?
Climb ZA - Administrator
justin@climbing.co.za

SNORT

Re: Lost World Jaywalker direct 22

Post by SNORT » Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:17 pm

Nope not really. Dave chatted a bit.

Me and the management are not good friends right now as we paid for 2 rooms for 2 nights. This is not an inexpensive place to say the least. As it turned out there was a domestic crisis that resulted in ushaving to forfeit our stay for the Friday night and they refuse to give us a credit even for using the night when it suits them in low season. That is a substantial hit. Go look on their website what it costs there per room per night.

We had dinner there that is also not inexpensive with wine and bought olive oil.

They did allow us guests to join us to climb but that then creates its own admin problems. Its not like I can send out an open invitation to all and sundry to come climbing.

I again bought us all drinks on the way out at restaurant prices....

So it is a bit tricky for me to go and engage with them the way I am feeling now.

Lost World is a great asset to trad climbing and there is no one that realizes that more than me. However, Yellowwood is closer and friendlier to climb at and there is lots of potential in Du Toit's.

I may stay there again but book on the way kind of thing. And will invite you next time if you like as a guest.

Otherwise Kak en betaal as they say if you want to climb there.