The Rory 2013

Latest South Africa climbing news! Good news - Hard sends, first ascents, onsights, wicked redpoints, competitions, etc. Bad news - accidents, muggings, rockfalls, etc. You can also send it on over to info@climbing.co.za.

Justin

The Rory 2013

Postby Justin » Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:49 am

Interesting comment on the Rory 2013 page... !?

"The scoring was shocking that 30 year old man won the U 15 age group, I think next year ill enter in U 10 women and win it"

What did everyone think of the comp?

http://www.climbing.co.za/2012/10/rory- ... /#comments
Climb ZA - Administrator
justin@climbing.co.za

joshpickering

Re: The Rory 2013

Postby joshpickering » Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:02 pm

The Rory was an awesome event! I'm quite sure everyone had a great time, and lots of thanks must go to the hard-working organisers... they did a fantastic job.
The scoring error was an honest mistake and shouldn't reflect badly on the event, and it is being resolved.
It definitely is something worth doing, and it's great to see so many kids out climbing! We'll be back next year!

mattb595

Postby mattb595 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:21 am

Nice comp,well done to Gary for the win, and the rest of the team hope to see it around for many years to come!

ruank

Postby ruank » Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:18 pm

Hey guys!

I made a pretty legit video about this years Rory. Stay tuned cause it will probably go live next week! Justin can u please give me tips on how to post my video under the latest updates where people normally post videos etc. ?

Regards
Ruan
Those who say it can't be climbed should get out of the way of those who are climbing
it

Social Media

Return to “South Africa Climbing News”