Found BD Quick Draw at Mine

Did you forget you favourite boots at the crag? Or, did you find some quickdraw on the 4th bolt of some route?
Warren G

Found BD Quick Draw at Mine

Postby Warren G » Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:06 pm

Found a BDQD that must have been dropped on Swanlake or near to it-was halfway up in a crack under a bush. if you can't discribe it i will claim it: this is your 3 month warning, in the mean while its going to Montegu this weekend
Sandbagging is a dirty game

Not

Re: Found BD Quick Draw at Mine

Postby Not » Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:08 pm

Is it safe to climb on such a QD? If it bounced down the face might it not have collected micro-fractures? Normally I'd guess its fine unless it lands on the ground after a 10m + fall, but who knows?
I don't think, therefore I'm Not

pierre.joubert

Postby pierre.joubert » Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:34 pm

I only charge R50 to dispose of such draws in an environmentally friendly manner :roll:

Dark Horse

Postby Dark Horse » Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:58 pm

Hey Warren

I got a feeling it is mine, I climbed swan lake yesterday. Please give me a shout or missed call. 0825558551 (I'll describe it on the phone). I head offshore before the weekend.

Thanks a stax Neil

Warren G

Postby Warren G » Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:44 pm

Ney Dark Horse, i picked it up Sunday: 3 days before your Wednesday post claiming Tuesday.

The great thing about sport climbing is you don't need absolute faith in your last piece of gear as there is always another below it thats a bit safer, I just won't use it for the first 3 draws. :bom:

Disclaimer: if you actually think like this please tell me so i can avoid climbing with/near you.
Sandbagging is a dirty game

Return to “Lost & Found”