Wallet contents found at Strubens

Did you forget you favourite boots at the crag? Or, did you find some quickdraw on the 4th bolt of some route?
DeanVDM

Wallet contents found at Strubens

Postby DeanVDM » Mon Apr 16, 2007 3:39 pm

I found what appears to be part of the contents of someone's wallet at the Strubens parking place. No dosh, but a few cards etc with no names. I am not sure if it is a climber's stuff, but contact me if you think it might be yours and you can describe it.

BTW this got me thinking: have there been any recent theft / mugging / safety incidents (other than the two car thefts reported here) that anyone knows about that we should be concerned about?

Dean
083 274 1116

Mark

Postby Mark » Mon Apr 16, 2007 4:59 pm

Nothing as far as I'm aware - for interest sake we were there when two rather tired policemen walked up to the rock face (one with his shirt open and buttoned - moerse sexy) and then in that civil servant sense of humour told me they were there to arrest us when I enquired what they were looking for. It turns out they were there to deal with some squatters - I pointed out where all the scatters stay (one further up in the cave - supposedly, one below near the road, and 3 across the road under the power pilon) they decided that it was going to be to much effort (notwithstanding my encouragement) and left?? - sometimes you just have to see the funny side - I havent yet - but I'm trying.

Return to “Lost & Found”